Chapter 15: I Need A Beer

This is a picture of the bar Nick went in.
Nick's POV

I walked into my next class. Mr. Simmons was already teaching the class, when I opened the door. All eyes went on me as I walked to my desk. "Mr. Wonders where were you?" asked Mr. Simmons. I cleared my throat. "I was carrying an injured kid's backpack and walked with him to his next class, I lied. Mr. Simmons sighed and turned back to the board. "Anyway some of the African tribes were the Afar, Amhara, Samburu, Zulu and so on." Then everyone went back to writing their notes. I sat down in my desk and pretended to listen to Mr. Simmons. I rested my head in my hand and I soon fell asleep.

************************************

I heard a hand slam on my desk and I jumped. My eyes met Mr. Simmons and he scowled. "Get up" he said through his clenched teeth. Everyone stared at me for a while. "What are you looking at!" I yelled at everyone. Their eyes quickly went back to their notes. "Mr. Wonder see me after class" he said under his breath as he passed me. I let out an angry sigh and began to listen to Mr. Simmons. Fifteen minutes later after class ended. I walked to Mr. Simmons desk. "Pull yourself a chair" he said. I grabbed a chair and slid it to his desk. I sat down as Mr. Simmons eyes studied me. He leaned in enough for me to smell what he ate for lunch. "Listen Nick, I am sick and tired of having you slack off in my class. You are at school so you can learn. You need to stop fooling around. You need to change this behavior of yours. I can not babysit you and teach a class at the same time. Do I make myself clear?" I backed away from my him and replied, "Sure." I saw him frown and he began to clench his hands into small little fists. I got up and swung my backpack on my back. I opened the door but stopped at the doorway, my hand nearly holding the door open. "Thank for your wasting your time and dedication on me." I bowed then walked out his class and out of the school. I fished for my keys in my pocket and got into my car. The car unlocked and I drove off. I need a beer. I need a beer. I need a beer. I thought over and over to myself. My hands tightened around the black wheel. I drove to my favorite bar called Long Island. I locked my car and walked inside. The music was blasting like always. I saw a bartender named Holly, handing beers to three buff looking men named Ryan, Conner, and Adam. Holly slid the beers across the table. Ryan caught his and chugged half of it down. I sat down at the bar. "hey long time no see man, how's school?" Conner said. "Well I just left school early after a worthless talk with one of my teachers. The usual" I said and shrugged. "No chicks?" Adam asked. "No." Ryan finished his beer and looked up at me. "Stop lying, there has to be at least one chick." I laughed. "Well there is one" I said. Holly 's eyes looked at us. Her eye's brightened. "Hi Nick what can I get you?" " a Modelo especial" I said. She came back and handed me one. "Thanks" I said and handed her some money. "So is the girl popular and pretty?" Conner asked. "The girl is a nerd and she's pretty." "A nerd?" Adam said. Conner choked on his beer. Conner was coughing as Ryan was patting his back. "What makes her so special?" Conner asked. "She's like someone I've never met before." "What do you like about her?" Ryan asked. "She's fun, smart, funny, nice, tough, caring and beautiful." "She's tough?" Conner said suprised. "Yeah she's tougher than she looks." "Well when are we gonna meet her?" Adam asked. "Sooner or later." I said. "Do you like her?" Ryan asked. "I'm not sure." "You like her" Conner said. " No I don't." "Liar" Adam said then smirked. "Fine I do!" I said to them. They all began to smile at me. "What! Don't look at me like that!" My face began to feel hot. "So what are you going to do Nick?" Ryan asked me. "Its none of your damn buisness." I heard men laughing at me when I was leaving the bar. "He definitely likes her" Adam said. The men all nodded in agreement and drank their beers. I unlocked my car. I got in and drove off. I couldn't believe I just said that.