Chapter 5: The Party

June's POV

I laid down on my bed, flipping through a Glamour magazine of celebrities without makeup while listening to Ariana Grande. I readjusted my headphones and leaned back humming to her song "Breathin" and continued flipping through my magazine until I heard several pounds on my door. I put down my magazine and slid off my bed. I opened the door and saw Angie standing in front of me with a bothered look on her face. I took off my rose gold beats and hung them on the neck.

I looked at Angie and sighed, "What do you want?"

"You finally answer" Angie answered back.

I rolled my eyes annoyed by her presence. "What do you want?"

Angie threw me a glare before she told what was going on. "Your loser friends are asking for you at the door."

"Thanks," I said and pushed past her.

Angie fell on her butt and yelled something but I ignored her and went downstairs to open the door. Stephanie and Sarah were already in their party dresses, both of them holding bags of makeup. Stephanie wore a hot pink party dress, tan flats, and had her hair in a loose french braid. While Sarah wore a light purple party dress, gray heels with her hair down into loose waves. Wow, they look amazing and here I was just planning to just put on some heels, a red dress and leave. This is definitely is going to take a lot longer than I expected to get ready.

"Hey, you're ready to get done?" The girls asked jumping up and down like two excited kindergarten girls.

"Yeah," I said and opened the door wide, for them to enter. We went to my room and the girls dumped all of their makeup on my bed. I grabbed the red party dress that the girls picked out for me yesterday and some black stilettos. I knew I was most likely going to fall walking in these but, they nagged me until I eventually gave in and let Stephanie buy them along with my dress. I headed to my bathroom to get changed and slipped the dress on my slim body. I opened the door and stepped out.

"Ooh, that's so pretty! You gotta let me borrow that dress sometime!" Stephanie complimented. She grabbed some bobby pins and put my hair up in a messy bun, letting some of my curls loose to frame my face. "You are going to be the star of the night. The guys are going to be all over you including Nick" Stephanie teased. I groaned and Stephanie bursted out laughing as I stuck my tongue out at her. We continued chatting until Sarah complained, "Guys hurry up! I don't wanna miss the party!" Sarah ushered us to get out of the bathroom and sat me down on the bed. She gently lifted my chin and was about to put the contacts in my eyes until, I backed up frantically.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Wait a minute, I was gonna put on my glasses I didn't think I was gonna put some clear looking things in my eyes. You are not going to touch my eyeballs."

Sarah and Stephanie gave each other a look before Stephanie stepped forward and spoke. "Look June, everyone is going to know you're a nerd if you wear those big glasses at the party. We're just trying to keep you from getting picked on."

I cleared my throat, carefully put my glasses on and looked at them both. "Look I really appreciate how considerate you guys are being but I'm afraid they'll get lost in my eyes."

Sarah smiled as Stephanie covered her mouth with her hand trying to hold in her laughter. Sarah sat down next to me and showed me the contacts in her hands and said, "They could but it can be taken out if you rub your eyelids to move the contact down. They can't go behind your eye because your eyelid creates a barrier so you'll be fine. Plus this is only for one night. You can always go back to wearing glasses after the party."

Reluctantly I agreed and sat very still. "Go ahead and do it Sarah but if you poke my eye out I'll do the same to yours."

Sarah put the contacts in and I blinked to adjust my eyesight. She applied some smokey eyed eyeshadow on my eyelids, curled and put mascara on my eyelashes also. I pulled away thinking I was done until Sarah claimed she wasn't finished yet. She lastly put on a layer of red matte lipstick on my lips. "Oh my gosh, you look so pretty! Why don't you wear makeup more often?" Sarah said. "Plus it really makes your eyes pop," Stephanie added. "Thank you guys it's just I have no interest in putting makeup on but I'll probably put it on more often," I said. Sarah nodded and smiled.