Chapter 17

Waves slapped against the sides of the boat, the oars creaked and groaned, and the sails began to loosen as the winds died down

Waves slapped against the sides of the boat, the oars creaked and groaned, and the sails began to loosen as the winds died down. A golden-haired man sat upon a throne-like seat beneath the mast, admiring what appeared to be a blanket within the shadow of the mast. 

A woman dressed in light purple robes and long purple hair stood by his side, arms wrapped around his neck. The man smiled, holding up the fabric, letting it catch the sun's rays. The fur began to shine a brilliant gold before it was set back down upon the man's lap. He folded one leg over the other, holding up a goblet, his smile blinding.

...

"-aster."

"Master."

Ryan blinked, shaking his head. "Sorry, what?"

Jason rolled his eyes as he held up a paper coffee cup. "Our drinks have arrived."

"Oh, right," Ryan nodded, trying to get his thoughts back to reality. They had arrived in Anchorage and had gone into town, but Alena and Archer had decided to stay within the snowy wilderness. Ryan had agreed, meaning to bring food and drinks to them later.

Yet, Ryan had dozed off while waiting for his order and had dreamed something rather peculiar. He concentrated, trying to remember. There was a boat, a woman, and... Ryan glanced up at Jason, who had accidently ripped open a sugar packet onto the table. Was that dream... 

Ryan frowned as he stared at Jason, who was now smiling down at the new set of clothes he had bought earlier. Ryan had insisted upon it if Jason were to hang out in Anchorage in physical form. "You done admiring yourself, Narcissus?" 

Jason pouted. "Now what have I said about calling me his name? He was a fool."

Kettle, meet pot, Ryan thought privately.

"But come on now," Jason grinned, sliding his hands down his tanned leather fleece jacket. "This is simply divine. Not golden by any means, but it is certainly of excellent quality."

Fleece, Ryan thought, his dream tugging at his consciousness again.

As the waiter walked by, Ryan remembered about Alena. "Excuse me, could I get two coffees to-go please?"

"Yes you can," the waiter said brightly. "Now, would that be the same as yours?"

Ryan hesitated. Would Alena like his kind of coffee? Heck, did she even like coffee? Wait, has she even had coffee before? Stop, Ryan chided himself. You're overthinking it. Aloud, he told the waiter, "Yes, just like mine please."

"Alright then," the man nodded and continued towards the table he had been heading to.

"This really is a nice little coffee shop," Jason looked around the tiny place as Ryan sipped his drink, pleased to find it not too hot. They had one of the few window seats, getting a view of a street of downtown Anchorage. Snow was piled next to the sidewalks while only a few cars drove down the snow-free roads.