Chapter 3

The above image is the official image of the servant Jason of the Saber class

"WAIT!" Ryan shouted.

Saber's sword stopped inches from the redhead's neck, still in the cold air. He glanced back at his Master. "Master, this is going to be the easiest kill we'll be able to get in those whole Grail War, so-!" 

BOOM! Saber's arm jerked as an explosion of fire blew up in front of Alena, obscuring her behind smoke. Saber narrowed his eyes, thrusting into the smoke as Ryan yelled, "SABER!"

His servant stopped in the middle of the smoke, sighing as he watched the girl disappear into the darkening forest. He slid his sword into its sheath and put his hands on his hips as he shook his head at Ryan. "Why are we letting her get away? She's a Master."

"Not yet," Ryan said, still looking at the spot where Alena had gone. "It wasn't fully formed yet. She might not even become one."

Saber sighed again, shrugging. "You got ensnared by her beauty. I understand." As Ryan fumbled with words, face going red, Saber smiled. "However, if we do end up meeting her again in more dire circumstances, I hope you'll let me finish the job if given the opportunity."

"It won't come to that," Ryan insisted, turning away. He took a deep breath. "Look, Saber. I don't want you killing anyone we don't have to. I know the rules, but I don't want to see innocent people die."

"Fine fine," Saber leaped down from their elevation back to where he had been summoned. He made his way towards the bubbling creek, checking his reflection. He flicked his golden hair, arching an eyebrow.

"Narcissistic much?" Ryan commented drily as he joined his servant.

"Now don't go comparing me to that fool," Saber snorted. "Don't go confusing us Greeks with one another." He straightened. "Alright, Master. I really hope we aren't staying out in this cold for the night. I suspect we have a place where there's warm food and a bed?"

Ryan blinked. "But you're a servant, a familiar. You don't need food as long as you have my mana."

"Yes yes," Saber waved his hand elegantly. "But that doesn't mean I don't like to enjoy myself. Imagine, me being stuck on the Argo without a good bed. I tell you, it just wouldn't do."

Ryan muttered something under his breath, which Saber seemed to be able to hear. Saber leaned down. "Wishing you summoned Heracles instead of me still?"

Ryan flushed and stepped back, scratching the back of his head. "I-uh... sorry." He turned away. "I wanted the most powerful Heroic Spirit I could get my hands on. I didn't expect..."

"No no, it's perfectly alright," Saber grinned, folding his arms. "If I was you, I would've gone for the big guy as well. But, uh... let me tell you. Next time, go for his bow. Forget the sword, his archery skills was where he excelled."