35

Harley's POV

My face dropped, and I turned my heels to face Tessa. Avery? How'd she known about Avery? I never told Tessa about her? Xander's business partner is Daniel? Supposed to be here? "W-What'd you say?" I stared at her like a deer in headlights.

"Oh, forgot you didn't know." She clenched her teeth and placed her manicured hand over her mouth like she just "let the cat out of the bag." 

"What are you talking about?" I barked.

"Someone's angry." She chuckled. "It's about time you caught up anyways." She rolled her eyes.

"Caught up?" I scrunched my face in confusion.

"Everyone's been laughing at you, Harley. Even the boss. You're a joke," She said like it was common knowledge. My chest felt like a fucking rhino was on it. "You're the only one that doesn't know." She deadpanned.

"Know what?!" I asked, completely exasperated. I marched up to her quickly. "How do you know about Avery? What do you mean she was supposed to be here?" I grabbed on to her gaze.

"You poor girl, so gullible and so trusting. Well, that's what Evan called you; I just say you're stupid." She shrugged and began pacing around me. Evan? What the fuck was going on? Evan was dead? Right? Wait, Xander never told me what happened to him, so I just assumed he was dead.

"W-what does this have to do with Evan? Wh-what-" I began, but she stopped me. My mind was running rapidly.

"Evan told me the boss came up with a pretty good cover story for the reason you're here." She fiddled with the ends of my hair. "Of course, it took some convincing and way too many blowjobs to get him to tell me." She chuckled, genuinely amused.

"Ev-Evan's alive?" I swallowed. My mind rewound to what she said a second ago. Cover story?

"Oh no." Tessa barked and stopped moving. In all seriousness, she swirled around to look me in the eyes again. "Don't act like you care now. After you snitched on him and got him beat within an inch of his life." She sneered. "Sure, he worked for Huncho, but he was a good guy-" she rambled.

"What cover story?" I interrupted. "I-I don't know anything about that." I swallowed so hard a bang of pain struck my throat.

"Oh, hun, I know you don't know anything about it. If you did, you wouldn't still be here." She giggled. My face fell even more than it already was. Why wouldn't I be here? "Why are you here?" She asked.

"H-huh?" I spat.

"Why were you kidnapped and brought here?" She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"T-to pay for my mother's d-debt," I answered. "But you-you already know that." I frowned my brows. If she and Evan are such good friends, he would've told her that. She was just playing a game with me. She's enjoying watching me squirm. As much as I didn't want to give her the satisfaction, everything in my body was screaming at me to listen to her.

"Your right." She shrugged. "I just wanted you to say it out loud so I could see how fucked your face looks when I tell you that there was never any debt from your mother."

My stomach dropped down to feet. I could feel my heart beating in my throat. "What?" I croaked out.

"The boss only said that because he wanted to shut you up." She explained. "Seem like he really is tired of your mouth." She sighed. No. No. He wouldn't do that. Tessa would do anything to get under my skin. He loved me. He cared about me. He's saved me so many times. He wouldn't lie to me about that.

"No, he wouldn't do that." I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "Why would I believe anything you say?" I scoffed, trying to fight by the upchuck fighting to come out.