07

Harley's POV

The Next Day

"Why was I just told to bring bras and underwear to you?" Brooke said, walking into the room with a discrete black bag. She placed a hand on her hip and raised her eyebrow at my confusion. I didn't expect the boss to pick one of the maids in my room. My mind drifted back to yesterday for a brief moment.

"I said, Take. Your. Clothes. Off."  he commanded

"You really don't know how to listen, do you, Harley."

" Someone needed to pay me the money I'm owed from your mother's expensive tendencies. Luckily, I found out she had a daughter that could pay off her debts in her favor."

Chills ran through my body as I recalled all the things sir told me. After he left, I must've sat on his office floor for an hour trying to process everything that's happened. I was so angry at him for being so cold towards me and what he told me about my mom. However, I couldn't say anything or act on it. I had no other choice but to submit myself to him and work my ass off to pay for my late mother's debts. Yesterday seemed to be my breaking point. Everything from the past 2 weeks was catching up to me. I felt like I exploded like an old rusty bomb.

" Earth to Harley," Brooke said while waving her hand in front of my face, interrupting my rapid thoughts.

"Sorry." I chuckled awkwardly. "I nodded it off for a second."

"It's cool. I have the attention span of a one-year-old." She smiled and shrugged, making me chuckle as well. "So about the underwear and bras?" She asked again.

"I guess because I mentioned something about my undergarments not fitting to one of the maids," I said, biting my lip slightly and watching Brooke's face as it morphed from confusion to a smile.

"Oh, okay. Well, here you go." Brooke replied, handing me the bag. I breathed out in relief that she believed my lie, and I didn't have to say anything else. I peeked in the bag as Brooke jogged over to her bed and plopped down dramatically. There were four bras and over a dozen pairs of panties. They varied in size and texture. Avery had drawers and drawers full of fancy underwear and bras like these. Some of her bras even had pretty rhinestones on them, and she would even have lacey sets that have pretty flowers all over them. I'm glad I have something nice like that too.

"Whatcha thinking about, Little bit?" Brooke asked.

"Little bit?" I chuckled towards her.

"Yeah, I've decided that's your nickname from now on." She smiled

"but why Little bit out of all names." I smiled while walking towards her.

"Because you're so small and compact, but I can tell you're feisty." She pulled out a lollipop from her front apron pocket and popped the bright red colored candy in her mouth.  I thought for a second at her words before responding with a smile. I've never had a nickname that stuck before either. Occasionally Avery called me corny things like "Babycakes" or "Har-Har," and my dad would call me the usual "Sweetie pie" or "Munchkin." I always laughed at those cheesy names.

"I like it," I said

"I'm glad, Little bit. Everyone here has a nickname." Brooke said

"Yeah, mine is Rocky Balboa, and I fucking hate it." Rachel said, suddenly walking into the room.

"Why Rocky Balboa?" I couldn't help laughing at her disgusted face.

"Brooke picked it out," she stated. "It's because I used to be a professional boxer."