37

Harley's POV

Henry and a couple of other guards escorted me to an unknown location an hour away from the estate. It was up a large hill and gated on all sides. Woods surrounded the entire perimeter. The path was unfamiliar, so naturally, I flipped out. Now, I feel awful for yelling at Henry and the other guards since they were only doing what Xander told them to do.

There was an average Honda parked in the front of a tall, wide-roof two-story house when I arrived. To my surprise, it was magnificently big and decorated with an eye that was truly talented. The unhomeyness of the house shown brightly through the neutral tones of the furniture and the walls. Henry told me my stuff was already in my room, and I was to stay here as long as my family and I wanted to.

The second he spoke of my family, I burst through the wooden door with the elegant handle and rushed into the house—my family. My slightly taller little brother laid on the couch with his eye glued to the TV. My father rushed into the hallway to see what the noise had been. When his eyes landed on me, he threw his old riggty eyeglasses on the floor and rushed to me.

Tears were already coming out of his eyes by the time he made it to me. He wrapped his big tan, tattooed arms around me. His long ungroomed beard tickled the face.

"Hey, Papa." I coughed out a sob as my arms wrapped tighter around him, not wanting to let him go.

"My Babygirl." He cried into my ear. He roughly kissed my cheek and pulled me away but didn't let go of my arms. "I can't believe you're here." He looked me all over my face like he was seeing me for the first time. "I've missed you so much, sweetie." Then he crushed me into another hug. "I was so scared." He sighed.

"I can't breathe, Papa," I whined and pulled myself out of his hold. The wrinkles on his forehead had deepened, and his cheeks look more hollow than usual. His golden tan skin now paler. He was in desperate need of a haircut and a trim. "Oh, Papa." I sighed softly, then grabbed his face in my trembling hands. "I'm so sorry. About everything." Soft tears streamed down my cheek. He looked so visibly tired.

"Sorry for what, Sweetie? You didn't do anything wrong." He wrapped me up in another hug.

We stayed like that for longer than before until the heat became unbearable.

"You look a mess," I said to him playfully.

"You too. You look like Cinderella before she met her fairy godmother." He joked back. I missed this.

Then I realized Gabriel was waiting patiently next to us. Watching the entire thing.

"Come here." I smiled and pulled his small body to me. His long brown hair was past his shoulders now, and his toothy smile was more toothless than when I left.

"I missed you, sissy." He squeaked, grabbing my head.

"I know. I missed you too." I squeezed him a little tighter. "Very, very much." I had to retrain myself since tears were begging to roll down my cheeks again.

"Why we're gone so long?" He squeaked. If only I could tell him the truth and explain everything. If only he knew. Instead, I opted out.

"Sorry, it took me so long." I coughed out and smiled playfully, pulling him away from me. "You don't have to worry anymore because I'm not leaving ever again." I tickled his small potted belly, and he giggled.

"Gabe, why don't you go play upstairs. Sissy will come see you in a bit." My dad's voice turned monotone, and his face was serious. I knew what followed next—the conversation I'd dreaded from the beginning. I was embarrassed and ashamed of what happened with Xander. I was mortified that I allowed myself to fall in love with a guy like him, and I didn't try hard enough to come back to my family. I let him lead me on and strip me of all my morals and values. I should've kept fighting him even if I would've died. It would've been better than just submitting myself to him, like a coward.