11

Harley POV

"Come here." he glared at me with the most deadly eyes. I moved to walk towards him without saying anything, but a mess of scattered papers interrupted my path. I hadn't noticed the mess until just now. The left side of the room was completely covered in all the files I had previously sorted.

"S-sir, What happened to all the files?" I asked, walking towards him, but my eyes stayed on the floor.

"I'm missing a file. A very important one." He said while moving to position himself in front of me. He lowered his stance to place himself more to my height, so we were eye to eye. I was significantly shorter than him, so he rested his arms onto his knees as he glared deeply into my eyes. My stomach was doing backflips. It didn't make any sense that the papers would be missing. I know for a fact all the files were sorted correctly and all accounted for. I had triple-checked before I went to sleep. The lost file must be essential if he is looking for that specific one, so I know I took extra care of it.

"Sir, I don't know how that happened. I personally checked and sorted every single paper in that drawer. None were missing-" I trailed off as I noticed his anger was not even close to being subsided. In fact, he looked madder than before.

"I gave you exact instructions. How did you fail to execute such simple instructions, Harley?!" He growled in my face. I flinched at his loud voice.

"I-I'm sorry. I swear I checked everything. Maybe if you told me something about that particular files, I could l-locate it." I stuttered, desperately trying to make the situation better. My frustration was growing as I tried to remember everything I did the night before.

"It's not fucking here! We both know it's not." exasperated turned his body and pointed towards the mess of papers and file before turning his attention back to me. "Stop wasting my fucking time and find it! Don't mistake my patience for kindness, Harley. I'll kill you right where you stand!" He shouted to me. I could feel my cheekbones ache as tears were begging to come out of my eyes. I wasn't a very emotional person, but it's been hard to adjust to the reality of this situation and adjust to working for this man the past couple of days. Not only that, but I know he won't hesitate to kill me in a second. It's a miracle I'm still alive. It didn't make any sense that a file would be missing since I was the only one who handled the files, and I was the only one in here-, except I wasn't.

"S-sir." I squeaked out. He had since moved away from me and was pacing the room with his hands in his slicked-back hair.

"Think carefully before you speak, Harley." He said but didn't stop pacing.

"I- while I was finishing up sorting the last file," I paused and shifted my eyes down to the floor, but I could feel the boss's eyes on me were now on me. "Evan came in-," I said, squeezing my eyes shut as if that would shield me from his wrath that was to come.

"What the fuck did you just say?" He growled, halting his step and stalking closer to me. "I told you no one was allowed in here! Not even Evan." He barked.

"I-I know but-" I started, but he interrupted me midway.

"But What? There is no excuse!" he startled me. " Why did you let him in here?"

"I-I didn't. He just came in." I shook my head. Why did he assume I just let him in casually. He had already threatened my life, so why would I personally endanger myself. "I just assumed since he is your friend that it wasn't a big deal," I added.

"Friends? Are you serious?" He scoffed, "This isn't fucking high school, Harley."

"I-I-I know." I sniffled back tears.

"What happened when he came in?" He sighed deeply and ran another hand through his hair.

"I told him to leave, then H-he asked me about a file I was sorting," I answered. "Sir, I'm really sorry-" I began but was immediately cut off by him. He turned his body around abruptly and walked straight past me and towards the office door.

"Clean all this up. I'll be back. " He commanded as he strutted by me. Henry followed him out of the office, closing the door behind him leaving me alone in the room. After they had left, I let myself fall to the ground gently. I hadn't realized until now, but my chest ached, and it seemed like I was holding my breath in for a while. Following the intense conversation I just had, bought me nervousness. I had no idea what he would do next or if I was even in trouble right now. It was obvious yet unexpected to me that he didn't directly accuse me of stealing it. That would be a normal person's reaction. Even if Evan did take it, I have no clue how he could've did it. If he did take it, he'd surely die by the hand of sir. He sounded way too angry to talk with him. Evan didn't exactly give the best first impression, but I didn't want him to get hurt. Nonetheless, I knew there was nothing I could do to change whatever is about to happen.

While my mind was maundering, I began to pick up all the sheets of scattered paper on the carpeted floor. All the sorting I spent doing was for nothing now. I'm sure he'll probably make me sort them all over. I swept them into two stack piles and onto his desk. It looks like he immediately came to his office when he arrived since I could see his briefcase, phone, keys, and a long clasped envelope all sitting at the edge of his desk. The papers inside the clasped envelope were halfway out as if he was pulling them out, but they got interrupted and stopped mid-way. After seeing Daniel Miller is involved with sir, I was thirsty to know more. With sir being mad and all the last thing I should be doing is lurking in his business again, but I couldn't help it. It was too enticing at the moment.

I carefully--as to not wrinkle the paper-- pulled the rest out. All I could understand was the constant numbers on every line. I didn't know if it meant currency or an amount of something, but whatever it meant, there was a lot. I scanned the sheet once more thoroughly only to come across AR-15 and FN 5.7. I didn't know anything about Riot or Cartels in general, but I knew something about these. The amount of both weapons was enough to make a chill run through my body. Why did they need so many guns? Are they planning something? Where are all these weapons? With a shaky hand, I returned the paper to the folder safety. The information I've gathered in the past day isn't a lot, but it was enough for me to know something big was going to happen. Along with the way sir just exploded over one file, I just knew it.

Shaken up, I sat down next to the bay window and let the calming silence consume me. Eventually, I let sleep take over me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOWOWOW Harley has got herself into some trouble! How is Evan involved in this??

HI HI THIS IS A VERY SHORT CHAPTER, SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT I JUST WANTED TO GET SOMETHING POSTED SINCE ITS BEEN A COUPLE DAY. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER AND MY CHAPTERS WILL NEVER BE THIS SHORT AGAIN!!

IF YOU HAVE ENJOYED THE STORY SO FAR PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!! AS ALWAYS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ACCEPTED!! AND THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT SO FAR, KISSES!