09

Harley's POV

"Where have you been all day? And What have you been doing? You look a mess." Rachel asked as I walked into the dorm.

"Thanks, Rocky." I joked, and she giggled and rolled her eyes " I was tending to my duties, naturally. Finally, I get to sit down for a second." I said, plopping down in the chair next to me. I knew I had to be vague when telling her what I was doing.

"I heard you pissed the boss off before he left," Tessa said as she picked at her nails obnoxiously. I hadn't even noticed she was in the room until she spoke. She was slippery, just like a snake. I didn't even understand how she got her information and why all of it was correct.

"I did." I nodded. It wasn't any of her business, to begin with, but it also wasn't meant to be a secret.

"I told you he was going to eat you alive," Tessa said proudly.

"Tessa, where the fuck are you getting this info?" Rachel said like she was reading my mind.

"Don't worry about it. All that matters is that I was right." Tessa smiled.

"Stop; she is doing great. She must not be that bad if the boss is still using her." Rachel answered back. The worst part about this whole thing is, I don't think sir has reached his breaking point with me yet. I haven't peaked his anger high enough yet. I haven't even been able to be "eaten alive by him."

"He is only using her for now. He'll find a more competent person for the job." Tessa scoffed. When Tessa rolled her eyes and scoffed, it reminded me of when Avery used to do that when we fought. I hated it before, but now I miss it.

"Like who? You? The boss has spoken a total of 2 words to you since you've been here." Rachel laughed. "He doesn't even notice you!" She said, "Harley has had more conversation with him in 4 days than you have in 6 months!" I wanted to snicker at her comeback, but the dialect between sir and I was far from normal conversation.

"Well, actually Rachel, we don't really converse. He just tells me what to do, and I just say yes, sir." I admitted.

"That's still talking, though." Rachel retorted.

"Just wait. You'll see." Tessa muttered, then began picking at her nails once again. I would love for someone to replace me; I would even be okay if Tessa took this job. Being a regular maid like Rachel sounded and looked better anyways.

"Breaks over. I have to get back now. I'll see you guys later." I waved to them, not waiting for a response but just walking out. My break wasn't exactly relaxing, but it was better than nothing.

"Try and finish early today so you can rest." A voice said next to me. It was Felipe.

"Okay, I'll try." I nodded

"You look a mess, and I'm sure the boss wouldn't like you fainting on the job," he said. I wasn't to the point of exhaustion where I could faint, but I understood what he meant. Sorting those files was proving to be a harder task than I initially thought.

"well, go ahead." He muttered, gesturing towards the steps to the second floor and walking away.

--------------------

I've been working for hours straight, and I only stopped to drink coffee. Although I'm not a coffee drinker, It helped alleviate my headache and keep me away all night. I drank it straight black with some sugar like; sir drinks it, and it's absolutely horrible. It tastes like bitter ass, so I don't understand how he enjoys it. So much for trying to finish early.

I got word from Felipe that sir will be arriving in less than an hour and the only thing I have left to do is label the most important files. I couldn't find a good way to label them, so they stood out from the rest, so I decided to draw small flowers on the top of each important file. I drew the ones I remembering seeing in Avery's garden in the back of her house. They were purple like lavender and grew in bunches. I tried to replicate them the best I could.  They were cute and took away from the scary factor of whatever was in the files.