39

Xander's POV

"Boss-" a hand rocked my body. "Wake up." I recognized the voice as Henry's. But that still didn't make me get up. "Mr. Sanchez is calling for you."

"What does he want?" I muttered with my eyes still closed.

"He didn't say," Henry replied.

"Tell him I'll call him back." Unfortunately, I didn't have the energy to deal with my father's antics. He was a borderline sociopath, so his presence would bring me nothing but more grief.

"He isn't on the phone," Henry said like he was scared to continue. "He's in your office." Henry cleared his throat.

That made me rise from my bed. I didn't remove my clothes or get underneath the covers last night; I simply flopped down on my bed and passed out after a cigarette and a couple of shots. I rarely indulged in alcohol but now was more than enough reason to start.

"Tell him I'll be there in a moment." Henry nodded curtly then walked out of the room. My dad never came to the estate anymore. Once he retired the business to me, he made it a point to stay away so he could raise my siblings in peace. The veins in my neck were throbbing, and my head was pulsing with a headache from a hangover. My father must've known about Harley by now. Everyone did. It pissed me off that everyone was satisfied with Harley leaving while it was tearing me to shreds. Her sweet voice wasn't playing around me. Her irresistible body was swaying towards me or away from me. I didn't have the satisfaction of knowing that she would be waiting for me when I returned home. She was just gone. She wasn't thinking about me or yearning for me like I was for her. Part of me wanted to get her and drag her back here just because I could, and I know I could, but the rest of me knew better. There was no chance for me if I did that.

I removed my rancid clothes and slipped on a fresh T-shirt and shorts. It wasn't my usual attire, but I didn't plan on doing any work today. Nor tomorrow. I left to the office directly after. My father was as impatient as me, probably more.

When I walked in, naturally, he was sitting in my seat behind my desk. He always needed to be in power regardless of the situation.

"Father." I breathed lightly as I walked towards him. His button-up shirt was ironed perfectly, along with his slacks. He never wore anything different, nor didn't he let anyone touch his clothes besides his personal maid. I wouldn't be surprised if he screwed her too.

"About time." He murmured and looked me up a down. His eyes grazed over me two more times before he spoke. "You look a mess." He rolled his eyes and got up from my chair. "You walk around dressed like that? You look ridiculous. That's why your men don't respect you. You look like a felon, fuck your assistant-" he trailed off but didn't change the distaste in his voice and face.

"I'm sure you can understand." I retorted. It didn't matter what I said to him. He'd think I only cared about getting my dick wet with Harley.

"I heard about Harley." He ignored my comment, which surprised me.

"I'm sure you have," I said.

"Good job." He said, but it sounded like anything but a compliment. "I'm glad you listened to me." He paced to the window. Telling my father that it wasn't my choice that Harley was gone seemed even more pointless than this conversation. He didn't care how it happened; he was just glad it did. "We can move forward now." He sighed.

"What do you mean we?! My issues are my issues. You just involved yourself in them." I tried not to bark. Regardless, Harley was not an issue or problem.

"Calm down, Son. I know this entire situation has been stressful for you and the business." My father said.

"Not really." I lied. He was implying Harley was the cause of my stress when it couldn't be further from the truth. If anything, she kept me sane.