15

Harleys POV

Tired was an understatement. I was completely exhausted. I didn't get as much rest as I had hoped before I had to wake up and attend to my duties. My heart was extra heavy this morning since I had a vivid dream about Avery and my family. My dad had to take us all camping one summer, Avery and I's junior year. She woke up with a moth perched on the bridge of her nose and started screaming so loud she woke up everyone on the same campground as us. I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face at the end.

The sadness crept up on me as soon as I woke up. I forced myself out of bed and to get dressed. Rachel and Brooke had given me all of their hammy downs, so I didn't have to wash and wear the same clothes every day. Brooke even gave me some boots that no longer fit her. Last night, I heard loud voices coming from outside the room. In the wee hours of the morning, I heard doors slamming and even louder voices than earlier. Rachel and Brooke weren't awakened by the sudden noise like I was. Rachel told me she was used to all the chatter and loudness that happens at night, and I would get used to it too. She even offered to lay with me till I fell asleep. Just like Avery and I used to do. It was short-lived since she had to get up even earlier than me to work.

Once I'd showered and got dressed, I left the room in a slight hurry since I had spent a little too long trying to tame my wild hair. "For the boss," one of the maids said as soon as I walked out of my dorm and handed me hangers full of dress shirts, T-shirts, and a hoodie. A hoodie I've never seen the boss wear. I didn't even know he owed casual attire.

"Thank you. I'll bring it up to him now." I nodded and smiled brightly at her. The pile was heavy, but nothing I couldn't handle. The issue was being able to see over the mound of clothes.

"No problem." She smiled back and walked away. With that, I took the stacks of clothes in my small hands and walked up the long flights of steps to the boss's floor. It was tiring having to walk up and down the steps while most of the guys used the elevator, but the staff was strictly permitted to use the elevator. I learned that the hard way, but it seems like I was learning everything the hard way while being here.

"Hey, Harley." A voice said from in front of me. I couldn't see their face past all the clothes I had in my hands.

"H-hi." I stuttered, unsure of who I was talking to.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry." The voice said. With a confused expression, I tried to shift my body to see this person. I hadn't recognized him from anywhere. He was an average looking buff member. "Oh, I'm Antonio. I just wanted to say sorry." He was on his knees, looking up at me with pleading eyes. What was he talking about?

"S-sorry but for what?" I asked frantically. "You didn't do anything to me. G-get up, please." I said, grabbing his arms, showing I wanted him to stand up. It felt weird having this guy on his knees in front of me.

"Yes, I did." He looked as if he was going to cry.

"D-don't cry." I shook my hand at him, which he latched on to. "It's okay!" I smiled. "I for-" I began but was interrupted by a chilling voice.

"That's enough. Get out, Antonio." He said sternly in front of me, but I couldn't see him. Every day, chills ran through my body when he spoke. I don't think I'll ever get used to it. "Hurry up." He barked, and the man named Antonio scurried off down the steps. Still confused by the events that just happened, I turned my body to see sir standing in front of me.

"What was that about?" I asked him.

"Come." is all he said and motioned for me to follow him with his finger. He opened the door to his bedroom and walked in, allowing me to walk in after him. After I did, he shut the door behind me and proceeded further into the room. Unexpectedly, he began grabbing clothes from the top of the pile and placing them on his bed without a word. Just the sound of the clattering hangers as they were being thrown on the bed and heavy breathing from me sounded in the entire room. It hadn't even been 5 minutes, and my body was already sweating profusely. The silence in the room was more uncomfortable since he had offered no explanation to what had just happened nor addressed me at all. When the last couple of items of clothes were left, I placed them on the bed gently instead of him. After, he did nothing but stand and look at me for a long while. I didn't know where to put my eyes during this time, so I focused on one aspect before opening my mouth to speak.