Tribe 1

The goblins danced and celebrated in front of me as I sat upon a crudely carved rock throne, gnashing my teeth in frustration. These goblins were all so skinny, eating merely boiled scraps with berries and leaves, and yet I signed up for this.

My expectations had been shattered. I had seen Yantago, I knew he was a weird-looking fellow, but I would have never guessed that someone with a body like a jewel would be the god of these ugly, yellow creatures. And the fact he was wearing a loincloth was a dead giveaway that these goblins were primitive beings. Being a king! Of course, such a thing would be too good to be true. To think that after a lifetime of careful corporate and political manoeuvring, I had become a naive and gullible old man.

If I could have fled this place I would have, but these creatures were my best chance of survival, a single weak individual was always far more vulnerable than a whole pack of them. I sunk my head into the palm of my hand. I had to deal with these savages to survive. My mood soured as I looked at the wild crowd. I had signed up for this, and now it was my responsibility to see this tribe to the end.

"I was promised to be a king. I will become one no matter what!" I roared in my mind.

An old goblin wearing tattered wolf pelts like a robe approached me. "My chief." He kneeled. "I am Voglo, Shaman of this tribe, and advisor to the previous chieftain."

I raised my eyebrow. "What happened to the previous chieftain?" I asked.

"He was killed in a raid by the Bloody Bones tribe," he said solemnly.

I was slightly perturbed by the name of the enemy. "How many goblins do they have?"

He paused to think. "I'm not sure, but they number in the hundreds."

I gestured to the crowd. "And us?"

"We are 42... 20 women and 22 men... No children." He looked towards the crowd with grief.

I rubbed the temples of my skull. This was not good, in fact, it was absolutely terrible. An enemy force many times bigger than us? As an act of desperation, I mentally summoned the interface.

[Interface]

[Domain]

Due to your chieftain status, you can access this screen. Here, you can view your holdings, your population and other things which will be unlocked as your tribe grows in power.

Holdings: Small Cave

Population: 42

Military Squad: None

How reassuring, it was not even a normal cave, but a small one. I squeezed the armrest of my poorly carved stone throne in frustration. I had not the slightest idea from where to even start. I was currently level 1, I could not go outside and start hunting and killing things. These goblins were nearly naked, only wearing loincloths and rags, nor did they have armour or weapons.