Church 3

The crystal was magical, but it did not give me a magical spell or description like all the other gems I had absorbed. Thinking back, they were all cut and refined. I suspected that I needed to transform these raw gems into something useful. I had essentially struck oil, but it would lead to severe problems if it were not controlled.

"Everyone! Go back and don't touch the crystals!" I yelled.

The greedy goblins turned their heads to me as if I spoke nonsense. "What why?!" A few cried out.

My face twitched in irritation, but I forced myself to remain calm. "These gems are unrefined, if you absorb them now, they'll kill you." I didn't know if that was the case, but the result would surely be terrible either way.

Most of the goblins reluctantly dropped their gems and skulked away. One sat on his kneed on the crystalline floor clutching a small piece of Torchite.

I rode towards him and stood imposingly upon my mount. "What are you doing?"

"I- I d-don't... I want to k-keep this." The goblin stuttered.

I gripped the handle of the [Vorpal Voided Dagger], one could hear the sound of my teeth grinding. But seeing the pathetic and whimpering face of the young goblin abated my rage.

"Why? That gem is unsafe in that state. Why do you want to keep it?" I growled.

The goblin put the gem down with an apologetic look on its face. "I wanted to carve it, to honour the Great Gemmed One."

A wave of clarity and inspiration crashed against me. Apart from the statue I had built, I had neglected these goblins' faith. And a way to control these resources had presented itself to me.

"Oh, how devout and honourable of you!" I smiled. The scared goblin looked up at me confusedly. "Your intentions are pure but misguided. The Great Gemmed One needs to veneration through the proper rituals."

The goblin's mouth grew agape with realisation. "Indeed! You are right!" He prostrated himself before me.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"I'm one of the fishermen, Froblo," he whispered.

Using the hilt of my dagger, I poked him, indicating to him to stand up. "Worry not Froblo, I will conduct a ceremony soon. Everyone return! And prepare offerings for the Great Gemmed One!"

All the miners rejoiced, waving their pickaxes, before skipping back to the surface. As they retreated, I explored the crystal cave more. It was a small pocket of crystals inside of a mountain. The gems grew haphazardly out of every single possible space. As I rode past through the precious pillars, distorted reflections rode alongside me. The cave was beautiful, and it was mine.

I sealed the entrance of the cave with magic, making sure no one could sneak in and steal some crystals. I issued an immediate order to begin the production of necessary materials for a church. The carpenters worked on goblin sized pews, the smiths were crafting chandeliers and candle holders, the masons were chiselling statues and stone bricks, while the artisans and tailors were preparing robes and cushions.