Tribe 4

"Can we kill it?" I asked.

The hunters looked at each other than at their weapons and sighed. "Probably," Rugum responded.

I grinned. "Then let's move out. We left in the morning, but it's already noon now. Let's return quickly after we're done."

We quickly assembled ourselves into formation. As the hunters were carefully unearthing the trail of the beast, we silently skulked around the forest. After a while, one hunter hushed us. "I'm detecting an animal nearby, it must be the boar," he said silently.

We crouched down and started walking slowly, avoiding making any sound to not alert any potential beasts. Soon, we spotted a large furry boar, with curved tusks and horns. Its fur was brown and lined with horizontal stripes. It was resting with its eyes closed under the shade provided by a small rocky outcrop.

I gestured to the group to retreat away from the boar. "Alright, everybody gather around me and take out your spears," I whispered.

They shifted around me, with their spears ready. I took out a sharp rock I had shaped with magic, and without hesitation, I cut my palm. My chest began glowing a dark and ominous red, and I quickly poured my blood onto the spears. The hunters gazed amazedly at my heart and watched attentively as my blood dropped onto their weapons. I quickly began licking my wounds, but the blood flow was unending. They shuffled into their positions, and I stepped back far enough away so that I could still see the beast, and that I could be sure it couldn't hear me casting the spell.

"Ground-Shake." I cast the spell right under the boar. The ground started to rumble and crack, causing the boar to wake up. It tried to run away, but it couldn't get its footing right, its feet fell into the cracks formed by the spell. The rocks that it had used as cover also fell around it, blocking any chance of escape.

The goblins jumped out from the bushes shrieking and yelling madly. They stabbed the immobilised boar with whatever meagre strength they had. The boar's fur was thick and the rest of its body was protected by the soil, so their attacks weren't really useful. I tossed over the bloody and sharp rock I had used to cut myself to one of the goblins. One picked it up and successfully stabbed the boar, penetrating its, my blood had entered the boar's body.

The boar experienced a bout of violent thrashing, after which it was completely drained of energy. Its face was pale and its breath extremely heavy. Once I felt it was safe to approach, I stepped close to it. "Sapphire-Spear!" I conjured the spell at point-blank range. The magical blue crystal penetrated the boar, killing it instantly, causing a burst of blood to splash all over me.

[Interface]

You received +53 Experience for killing a Horned Hog. Some experience was shared with party members.

The message didn't matter to me, I ignored it. I was more concerned with hauling this beast back to the camp. We spent a fair bit of time digging the boar out, but the other hunters carried it all together on their shoulders.

We slowly made our way back to our base, when we arrived it was already getting dark. I was relieved to see Voglo there alongside all the other goblins, this meant that their expedition at least didn't result in fatalities.