Deal 3

A gruff looking man, with black hair, a thick beard and sunken eyes, clad in scratched up armour sat in a creaky chair. He was in deep thought as he looked at a rough sketch of the local geography. A sleazy man with snake-like eyes, dressed in leather armour and a red-stained cloak entered the room silently.

"Boss, that mine ain't filled with peasants! It's a goblin camp!" The man in leather sneered and spat into the corner of the room in irritation.

The boss furrowed his brows and stroked his beard. "Goblins? Could they be the same ones who stole our Glimmer Goats?"

"Yeah, those same yellow bastards." The sleazy man twisted open a flask and took a shot of red liquid. "Bloody goblins, we are gonna get killed if we don't get those goats back."

The leader sighed in disappointment. "You need to lay off that Rotten Torrent while on the job. And don't worry, they don't know we don't have the goats, they just think we're having a delay. We'll get them back before anyone catches wind of this." The boss rubbed his temples in frustration, before snatching the drink from the rogue's hands and taking a shot himself, causing the rogue to chuckle.

The armour-clad man stared at his chipped sword in pity. Those damned merchants were raising prices on everything like there was no tomorrow, and conflict was spreading like a wildfire through the kingdom. Those bloody marquises and dukes gave little thought to others as they waged their petty wars. Their band of fifty had diminished to just 14, and the recent deaths from the Giant Snake and the goblin attack did not do much for morale. A rich fellow from the capital approached them with a generous offer, simply smuggle some goats for great pay. But some goblins appeared from thin air and stole their payday from under their noses. Luckily their employer did not know that yet, and some rookie merchant looking to make it big was going to pay them for doing something on their to-do list anyway.

The leader smiled at this fortunate turn of events. "Now how will we attack them?" He pointed to a poorly drawn camp on a crumpled up piece of paper.

The rogue shrugged and haphazardly dropped himself unto a chair. "Hate to admit it, but they got a pretty solid place for themselves. They got a big hill and the river on their sides, and the rest is protected by a wooden wall."

"Nothing we can't knock down, right?" The leader grinned.

The rogue nodded. "A few fireballs and boulders and that thing will stand no chance."

The boss leaned back, with a satisfied expression. "Then we'll send in some of the recruits. Goblins are dumb as dirt, so it's nothing the newbies couldn't handle. Not to mention the extra experience will do them some good." The leader affirmed.

"Then I'll go get the guys ready. When do you wanna bounce?"

The boss ran his hand through his coarse black hair. "Let's go today, and we'll attack at night."

The rogue nodded and began to leave, but before he exited the room he turned around quickly. "What about Clara? I haven't seen her since the attack on the valley. Will she come?"