Iron Rain 1

💎

Pre Author Note

Hi there! Enjoy the chapter!

💎

"Your Holiness, that's when Dukmuk covered my stone engraving with mud!" A goblin with a warty nose cried.

Another goblin with short curly hair scoffed. "That's a lie! It got muddy because you left it outside, but you tampered with my clay pots while they were drying! They're all cracked now!" He yelled. "Your Heavenly Greatness, please make Furgu pay for this crime!"

I rubbed my temples, it was the fifth inane conflict this week. But I had to admit, it was fortunate that nothing serious was ever brought up. "Both of you are at fault!" I growled.

The goblins' faces paled. "I'm innocent!" One wailed. "I didn't do anything wrong!" The other squealed.

"Silence! You are artisans, yet you both committed the crime of negligence!" I slammed my fist into my rock throne.

The goblins' eyes widened in fear, they knelt in front of me. "Whether it was sabotage or a personal error, you still neglected to take care of your craft!"

"Yes! Your words are wise!" They cried in unison.

I sighed. "I do not want you to leave with enmity in your hearts. From now on, you must not engage in petty squabbles. Continue practising your crafts with renewed vigour, and love for your fellow goblins!"

Their expressions beaming with joy as if they had received divine providence. "The chief is right! Let's work together!" They squawked. They hugged each other and merrily trotted off back to work.

I lazily slid down my throne, and took a sip of some fermented mushroom juice, to ease my headache. The full flavour of the wine settled my nerves until my next headache walked in.

"Your Excellency, I have come to present you an offering." Olma walked in carrying an iron spear. The spearhead had an image of a goat head engraved onto it. The end of the spear had a magnificently dyed red tassel, and the shaft was smooth and polished.

I accepted the spear in silence, observing Olma's face. Her face had a neutral expression. It was clear to me that she was still upset.

I rested my head on my hand. "Do you know why you are the only girl I ever let approach me?"

Her face furrowed, trying to guess the meaning of my words. "I do not know."

I let out a single laugh. "You said it yourself. Because you are the most worthy."

Her mouth opened slightly in confusion, she tried to say something, but she could not utter the words. Her gaze became unfocused, and she blankly stared at the ground.

"Olma... Don't be jealous of others. I truly do like you. You have talent and cunning." I stood up from my throne and raised her from the ground. "Let us strive for greater heights together."