TWENTYSIX

It had been made very clear that over time you start to lose all of the human memories that you have accumulated over your human life. Hoseok did say that there are some things that we remember, or that rolls over into your life of darkness. For example, Taehyung's taste for strawberries, Yoongi's piano skills, Jimin's dancing, and even his own love for reading. That's why deep down I knew a part of my human-self remained, because I loved thunderstorms.

Loved them.

They were calming.

The sound of the rain hitting hard on the ground was almost a lullaby. The rumbles and cracks of the thunder didn't scare me, they intrigued me. The flashes of the lightning were alluring and I loved to watch them.

There had not been very many storms recently and I didn't realize I was craving one until one hit.

Sitting in the living room with Taehyung we were watching a documentary when we heard Jungkook and Namjoon come in through the door of the attached garage. I turned around to see them soaked from head to toe, and Namjoon wearing an annoyed expression.

"What happened to you guys?" Taehyung asked.

"Caught in the storm." Jungkook replied as he started to strip from his clothes. "Fuck, I hate rain."

"I love rain." I smiled. "I find it calming."

"Even when you get stuck in it?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah." I replied. "I love thunderstorms. I think they are relaxing."

"Well then you're in for a surprised because we are about to get a long one." He replied. "Turn on the weather channel, will ya?"

As they stripped from their wet clothes, I turned the channel like he asked. Sure enough, the reporting was right as Namjoon had explained. There was a series of heavy storms that were going to be coming our way for the next 48 hours.

Taehyung got up from his seat and took the wet clothes from them offering to throw them in the washing machine. I grabbed them a hand towel from the downstairs bathroom and they wiped off their faces and hair before stepping further into the house.

"Thanks." Jungkook said. "Let's go curl up in bed with Jin." Jungkook smiled to Namjoon, taking his hand.

"You go up ahead, I'll be there soon."

He nodded and headed up to their room before I turned to Namjoon. "What's up?" I asked.

He leaned against the counter looking behind me as if making sure no one was around. "I just wanted to tell you that since you have been here, things have been much more peaceful with Taehyung. I know there is still some tension with the two of you and Jin. But Taehyung doesn't seem to be as hatful towards me, and his friendship with Jungkook has strengthened. I know it's because of you, so thank you for staying with him. With us."

I know how unusual it is for Namjoon to vocalize these things. And though it was in my nature to tease him, I held back. I nodded and offered a hug which he took warmly. When we parted, Taehyung had returned to the kitchen,

"Hyung, your clothes are being cleaned." Then he looked at his state of nakedness, aside from his boxers, and chuckled. "Are you not freezing?"

"Yeah." He replied, giving him a nod. "I'm gunna go. Thanks guys."

"What a weirdo." I teased to Taehyung who laughed.

"So, thunderstorms huh?" he asked me, wrapping his arms around my lower back and pulling me into him.

"I love them." I giggled. "Why?"

"Just interesting is all. You want to go to our room and,.. you know..." He asked me kissing softly against my neck.