FOUR

FIRST DAY WITHOUT TAEHYUNG

Jin helped me eat and as much as I wanted to stuff my face with as much food as I could, he wouldn't let me. He kept telling me I had to eat slowly otherwise I would get sick from eating to fast. Especially since I hadn't eaten properly in over a week.

But I ate as much as he let me in the allotted time he gave me, thankful that I had food to eat in the first place. I was already feeling better by the time I was done eating.

Jin had asked me a few questions about myself, and it was nice to have civilized conversation with another being. Living or not.

"So your mother gave you your nickname. Where is he now?"

"She died." I sighed. "My father left us shortly after I was born, so she was a single mother my whole life. Just a few years ago she passed away of breast cancer."

He frowned and his eye brows came together. "I'm really sorry to hear that."

"It's okay. She isn't suffering anymore."

"That's true." He smiled.

"What about your family? I find it hard to believe that Taehyung is your brother. You seem so different."

He smiled as if he had heard that before. "Taehyung just doesn't have any clue about humans. I do. I worked with a few a long time ago so I learned about their habits. Taehyung only ever hangs out with vampires."

"So, you like humans?"

"I love them." He smiled. "They are very interesting."

I laughed. "It's funny to hear you talk about humans as interesting."

"Don't you find my species interesting?" He asked me.

I thought about it...he had a fair point. "Alright, yeah." I laughed. "I guess it would be the same for you."

"Exactly." He laughed. "I think you need to close your eyes now. You really need some rest, and in the morning, I will be sure you have 3 meals, and if you want snacks, I'll get you a few snacks."

"Why are you doing that for me?"

"You need to be healthy."

"Why?"

"Don't you want to be healthy?"

"...yeah."

"Then why are you questioning everything?" He laughed again.

Suddenly, the thought of going to bed was terrifying. What if this wasn't real? What if I was dreaming his kindness and I was still chained to the concrete wall, nothing but a meal for a creature of the night.

"Don't worry." Jin whispered, running his hand up and down my arm. "You are safe with me. And I will help you if you need to go to the bathroom."

"Do vampires sleep?" I asked, fatigue taking over me.

"We do. Just not as much as humans."

"Hmm." I responded, resting my head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace, steadily strumming his fingers against my back.

SECOND DAY WITHOUT TAEHYUNG

I slept so heavily I didn't even feel Jin leave the bed. He woke me up with a few gentle whispers, and a sweet smell wafting through the room. I already felt like a different person, my body quite clearly much stronger. It was amazing the difference in just a half a day.

Jin had brought me a tray of food, there were waffles, blobs of butter, and a small glass of what looked like syrup.

"I hope you're hungry." Jin smiled as he placed the tray down on the beside table. "Come on, wake up. Sit up straight."