•part 2 | real life | worries•

kaya walked out of the bathroom all puffy eyed with a very shocked look on her face. she had no clue what was happening in her instagram comments. as she walked over to the couch her and josie were previously sitting on. well, before she went to the bathroom to wash the mascara off her face that she cried off she thought a lot to herself wondering why timothee chalamet was in her instagram comments and why everyone was commenting #timae when she sat back down she questioned josie in hopes of an answer

"hey jos, uh what the actual hell is going on in my insta comments and why is everyone saying #timae?" the girl asked very confused "oh it's your and timothee chalamet's ship name"

"i-what?" the girl asked very shocked. she thought to herself "what the actual hell, i mean yeah he's hot but i wouldn't ever be able to date him, i'm still 17"

"uh yeah people think y'all would be a cute couple... i mean they aren't wrong" josie said as she tilted her head down towards her now melted bowl of ice cream

"okay" kaya said as she stood up because she felt like she was going to have a panic attack, this was so out of the blue for her. she never got "shipped" with anyone besides her highschool musical the series costar joshua basset, even though they had a thing during the filming of season one, she always kinda looked at him as a brother. "i guess he is kind of cute, but let's be real it would never be able to happen. he's 21 and i just turned 17 like just over a month ago. it would never work unless he just waited until i was 18 and another thing he lives in new york, i live in california also-" she didn't realize she was rambling until josie cut her off "ky, hey ky it's going to be fine. we were just messing around. i doubt he's going to do anything"

just then kaya felt her phone vibrate she pulled out her phone and she got a shocked and kind of worried look. "uhm well, you spoke to soon" she mumbled clear enough for josie to hear "what?" josie said worriedly, thinking something was wrong by kayas face and tone

"i just got a dm from timothee. i- i just got a dm from timothee fucking chalamet." kaya said quite loudly. josie jumped up from her seat " are you kidding? holy shit what'd he say" kaya felt her heart drop straight to her stomach, yeah like she said before timothee is a hot guy, but there isn't anyway she could or would go out with someone who was older than her. especially since she was still and minor "he said "i'm sorry for making you cry with my movie lmao, is there anyway i can make it up to you? will you be in the new york area anytime soon?" i- i really don't know what to say.. do i respond?" kaya asked josie worryingly.

she didn't want him to be labeled as a predator if anything were to happened between them. but also it would be odd since the two were so different from what she had seen of him. she didn't want to hurt his feelings, but she also kind of thought about how it would be if she were to be in a relationship with him, platonically or romantically.

"how about let's start out by telling him that you won't be in the new york area until your done filming our show, and with your new record deal and all, and see where it goes from there.. who knows maybe he would just want to be friends."

kaya felt a sudden weight off her shoulders, josie was right. he may just want to be friends. she was worrying herself over nothing. just as she felt some relief she got another dm notification from timothee. she then called over josie to tell her what it said.

"also i love your song "all i want" it's so good, you should definitely release more music. love ur show too btw :)"

"great" kaya said out loud having a feeling on where this was going to go. "i guess i'll dm him back and say thank you and tell him i won't be in the new york area."

she then started typing, replying to timothee saying "hey! thank you so much for your compliments on my show and music, i have some music in the works but you didn't hear that from me lmao, i sadly won't be in the new york area anytime soon since i'm filming for hsmtmts. will you be in the la area anytime soon?" she contemplated on saying the last part before she finally hit send and put her phone on do not disturb so she didn't have to see anymore dm notifications. she didn't want to get herself worked up on something thats probably not going to mean anything.

"hey ky it's 3:52, do you think we should get some sleep since we have plans tomorrow with conan and bretman?" josie said starting to settle herself down on the couch in kys bedroom.

"oh shit, it's already almost 4?" kaya said as she crawled into her bed. when she looked over to see josie settled down she turned off the light and told josie goodnight. she couldn't sleep for almost an hour. thoughts were running through her head like no other. all the thoughts of what's going to happen with this whole timothee situation. she thought all the thoughts that she promised herself she wasn't going to work herself up over. but she still thought about it. before finally drifting off to sleep for the night.

★★★★★
authors notes !
i'm currently editing, however i'm not rewriting! i'm just fixing a few mistakes and changing the main characters name!