•part 15 | real life | r u mine?•

as conan and ky were driving to bretmans, conan could see the anxiousness on kayas face. but that's how it was, that's how it always has been. kaya has always been easy to read. you could tell if she felt like shit or if she felt like she was on top of the world just by looking into her eyes. they pulled into bretmans driveway and kaya ran up to his door. the door was unlocked so she let herself in and ran up to bretmans room. when she got to his room she found bretman along side sofie and millie. she ran into bretmans arms and gave him a hug, which he returned and then she walked over and gave sofie and millie one too.

"bitch what the fuck is going on" bretman asked kaya with his sarcastic tone. "uhm a lot. you might wanna sit down for this"

kaya then explained everything that has happened in the past few days, even if she already told them about it once, she told them about it again to refresh their memory.

"and uhm. that's it" kaya said hesitantly. "so are you guys a thing now?" sofie exclaimed "i don't know. i have to ask him. i just don't want him to screw me over ya know.
"ky ive talked to him about this. he's goo goo eyed for you. he won't screw ya over" millie told her kind of sympathetically.

ky thought about things for a second. her friends truly felt bad for her because they knew how ky felt when it came to guys she liked.

"i think i'm going to ask him if we can stay friends for a while. i want to get to know him more before i get in a relationship. i mean i've only known him for 2 weeks but it's feels like i've known him a lifetime. it's almost like i fell in love at first sight or maybe it's meant to be i don't know how to explain the way i feel"

millie knew the two had a thing for one another, in fact all of kayas friends did. but millie knew about it the most because she saw the way they acted first hand. "ky i'm going to be here until next monday. you don't have to date him yet. just let it ride out okay?"

kaya looked at millie with a soft smile, she really did appreciate millie. the 5 of them hung out for the rest of the night, millie and kaya were going to stay the night but sofie had to leave because she had a meeting the next day with her agent and manager, and bretman had to film a video tomorrow morning for his youtube. so kaya invited conan over to stay the night.

when conan millie and kaya got back to kayas house. kaya got a knot in her stomach. she did t want to hurt timothee by asking to only stay friends but she also wanted to make sure that her feelings were true. and not just her psyching herself out.

when they finally got in they went to the kitchen where millie was going to make them food. when they all sat down timothee joined them and sat down. kaya didn't even make eye contact with timothee until conan nudged her shoulder with his, reassuring her everything was going to be fine and that she should just talk to him. kaya looked over at timothee for the first time since they got home

"hey uhm can i talk to you.... privately?" timothees stomach dropped. he thought that she was going to tell him that she didn't actually like him and it was all just a joke. they walked into kys room and she started talking

"hey so uhm.. what happened earlier.. i was wondering if we could maybe just stay friends for a bit? take things slow. i mean i've only known you in person a few days and yeah your great, but i just want to get to know you before i jump into a relationship"

timothee felt a weight off his shoulders. he was going to ask her the same thing. but he was afraid that he would hurt her more than it would hurt him.

"yeah. i would actually really like that. i was going to ask you the same thing. uhm are you busy tomorrow? i was thinking we could maybe hangout.."

kayas stomach started to churn at the idea. it only took her seconds to accept the offer. they walked back into the kitchen to greet conan and millie again. where millie was done with their food and handed them their plates

"ugh mills what am i gonna do without you when your gone, i'm gonna mis your great cooking" kaya said with a sadden tone "i'm gonna be back literally the day timmy leaves. we talked about this. i'll only be gone for two weeks or something like that. you'll survive ky."

after they finished eating conan and kaya went into millies room to hangout. they decided to listen to music and dance around. wether they listened to billie eilish, taylor swift, harry styles of even themselves, they would dance along like there was no tomorrow. after the got tired from dancing they decided to watch a tv show. they both go on kys bed and turned on the tv. they decided to watch stranger things just to annoy millie a little by watching her show. and within and hour kaya and conan were cuddling on her bed watching the show.

kaya and conan didn't like each other in that way, they loved each other dearly. they've known each other for years and they just clicked really well. timothee walked past kys room and got a glimpse of the sight and got weirdly jealous. he knew that they were friends but something in him was telling him different. he decided to ignore it and confront ky later but the more he waited, he got more impatient. he got so upset that he started crying at one point. and during that time period that he was crying millie caught him and ran into his room wondering if he was okay

"oh my gosh timmy, are you okay?" the girl asked in a worringly tone. "does she like him. are they a thing?" timothee asked millie with puffy eyes. "conan?" the girl took a pause as she looked him in the eyes "oh my god no no no no no. ky and conan are just friends. they've known each other for years. the are like brother and sister. i don't think conan is really that into girl either"

a weight was let off of timothees shoulders. he felt so stupid for getting upset over something that's so dumb. he thanked millie, and then went to sleep. even though that was a lost cause cause he couldn't sleep at all due to the image of conan and kaya spooning each other on her bed. even though he knew they were friends. he couldn't get the image out of his head. he wanted to be the one she cuddled with. he wanted to be the one that made her laugh no matter the circumstance. he wanted to be hers. that's when the lyrics of "R U mine" by arctic monkeys popped into his head. he wanted to write ky a song for her to sing, to tell her how he felt. even though he had no singing ability and no writing ability. he still wanted to try.

"Just wanna hear you say, You got me baby
Are you mine?"

thats all that ran through timothees mind, before he drifted off to sleep. all he wanted to ask ky was "are you mine?"