•chapter 56 | real life | sour•

"kaya mae and her debut album sour only came out moments ago, and the people are going crazy! the 11 songs on her album have been getting amazing feed back so far. the tracks include 'brutal' , 'traitor', 'driver's license', 1 step forward, three steps back','deja vu' , 'good 4 u' 'enough for you', 'happier', 'jealousy jealousy' 'favorite crime' and 'hope ur okay' she actually is getting ready to perform one of her new songs for the first time in a matter of seconds. here is kaya mae and her new song enough for you!"

kaya's pov
(non bolded italics = thoughts)

i picked up my guitar, my stomach was churning and i felt like i was gonna throw up. i know timothee is going to watch this and that hurts me. yes, he hurt me in multiple ways but this song hurts me to sing. i let out a shaking breath and began to play the opening of the song.

"i wore makeup when we dated
cause i thought you'd like me more
if I looked like the other prom queens
i know that you loved before
tried so hard to be everything that you liked
just for you to say you're not the compliment type"

"and i knew how you took your coffee
and your favorite songs by heart
i read all of your self-help books
so you'd think that i was smart
Stupid, emotional, obsessive little me
i knew from the start this is exactly how you'd leave
you found someone more exciting
the next second, you were gone
and you left me there cryin', wonderin' what I did wrong
and you always say I'm never satisfied
but I don't think that's true
'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough for you
and all I ever wanted was to be enough for you"

shit i feel like i'm gonna throw up

"and maybe i'm just not as interesting
as the girls you had before
but god, you couldn't have cared less
about someone who loved you more
i'd say you broke my heart
but you broke much more than that
now i don't want your sympathy
i just want myself back
before you found someone more exciting
yhe next second, you were gone
and you left me there cryin', wonderin' what i did wrong
and you always say i'm never satisfied
but i don't think that's true
'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough"

fuck am i crying? it feels like i'm crying.

"don't you think i loved you too much to be used and discarded?
don't you think i loved you too much to think i deserve nothing?
but don't tell me you're sorry, boy
feel sorry for yourself
cause someday i'll be everything to somebody else"

breathe kaya, your okay. you only have a little bit of the song to get through pull it together

"and they'll think that i am so exciting
and you'll be the one who's crying
yeah, you always say i'm never satisfied
but i don't think that's true
you say I'm never satisfied
but that's not me, it's you
cause all i ever wanted was to be enough
but i don't think anything could ever be enough
for you, enough for you, oh-oh
no, nothing's enough for you"

your fine, you done, your okay.

"and cut!" i heard the director say, i wiped my face and tan off the stage and ran outside. conan and millie after me.

"kaya are you okay? what happened in there?" conan worriedly questioned. "i'm fine, i guess i'm not as over him as j thought. i mean it's been a year. what the fuck is wrong with me" i asked as i looked up at the sky. "nothing, there is nothing wrong with you. your a human and it's okay to miss somebody. you will be fine, your gonna find someone so much better who doesn't treat you like total shit. your gonna find someone who loves you, who would drop anything at hand for you, who would sacrifice themselves for you. your going to find someone who will be enough for you. more than enough." millie told me as she sat down and next to me. "everything will turn out just fine, i promise" she added on.

"i just wanna go home." i mumbled. "then let's go." millie replied and helped me up, we went back in and thanked the crew and got our belongings and got into conan's car and drove home.

third person pov, three days later

after kayas album sour came out, timothee didn't show his face anywhere. he basically went MIA. he cried everyday for a good amount of time. he locked his doors and windows, put down all the shades so there was basically no natural light coming in. he ignored everyone. he didn't post or interact on social media. he listened to the album on constant repeat. analyzing every lyric, ever beat, the pain in kayas voice. he felt horrible. was he still in love kaya? yes you could per se, that was a given. he loved her, but he was afraid to hurt her so he left. he found a distraction. but all in the end he did hurt her which is something he promised himself, let alone everyone he wouldn't do. as he listened to the album more and more the more he realized that he was still head over heels for her. he wasn't mad at her. he felt horrible. he didn't know what to do, he just wanted to hold her in his arms again but he knew the damage that he caused was irreversible. he did the only thing he thought he could do. he booked a flight to la for that next day.