•part 11 | real life | when you call me ky•

ky woke up to the pleasing aroma of french toast. she woke up and walked to her kitchen where she found millie cooking and timothee sitting at the island in kayas kitchen. she walked over and joined timothee and put her head down. timothee kept looking up from his phone at her and was smiling to his self. millie glanced over and saw him admiring her while she was falling back asleep with her head on the granite counter top.

"ky ya alright?" millie asked kaya knowing her answer "yes, very sleepy" kaya muttered. timothee laughed softly at himself. "hey ky, so.. i was wondering since you don't know how to drive, i could teach you today. maybe drive around?" ky smiled at the suggestion with her eyes still closed. she replied very sleepily "yeah but can it wait till 1? i have to go shopping with my mom at 11" millie brought their plates over to them and sat down. "that's fine ky" kaya was half asleep and honestly wasn't thinking when she mumbled loud enough for millie and timothee to hear "ky hmm i like when you call me ky" timothee almost spit out his food at her words, and millie just kinda looked around and acted like she didn't hear it. even though she did hear and wanted to laugh she kept quiet and acted like nothing happed.

millie then decided to shake love to wake her up to eat and to tell her to get ready since it was already 10. "ky, your foods ready wake up." just then kaya shot her head up and was very confused as where she was "how did i get here?" kaya said with a yawn "you walked down here yourself and then fell asleep again" timothee replied to her. kaya started to laugh at herself. "did i really" she asked while laughing "surprisingly" millie replied and laughed with her.

kaya ate her food pretty fast, when she was done it was about 10:30. millie already left to go to a business meeting. now that it was almost 11, it meant that she had to hurry up and get ready so she could go shopping with her mom like she did every other week, she went into her closet and quickly got changed into a black and white checkered crop top, a pair of black jeans and put her hair into one long braid and put on a bucket hat. she ran into the bathroom to brush her teeth. she just finished brushing her teeth and went to leave the bathroom and her eyes met the curly haired boy getting ready to enter the bathroom

"oh sorry" kaya sighed, timothee just smiled at her and went past her entering the bathroom as kaya exited. "bye ky, i'll see you at one" timothee said loudly to make sure she could hear him. she told him bye and when she got outside she saw her moms car and hopped in the car

"hey sweetie, how are you" josie, kayas mom asked her. "i'm good!" the girl exclaimed, she was always happy to see her mom every other saturday. kaya and her mom weren't that close but they always enjoyed to see each other. "so, what's going on with you ky. i saw that picture of you and that boy. he seems pretty cute" kaya felt a smile start to creep on her face, she just shrug it off and replied to her mom "uhm yeah he's nice, he's actually staying with me while he's in la, but millies staying at my house too, for a few weeks while she's down here. i enjoy the company though" josie knew her inside and out so she had a feeling there was something going on between her and timothee so she couldn't help but ask.

"so... you and the boy... tell me about him" kaya felt her stomach drop. she had a feeling her mom knew, because kaya knew her mom could easily read her. "uhm well, he's an actor.. he's 21, and his favorite color is blue" josie laughed, "so that's all you know about him. his occupation, age and favorite color?" she said with a laugh. kaya started to smile "i know more about him mom, i just haven't gotten the chance to really get to know him yet." josie knew that ky had a thing for him at this point. "well, even though he's 21. i wouldn't mind you dating him. he looks like a nice kid" kaya looked out the window and smiled to herself as they arrived at the store

time flew by and kaya was already back home with the groceries her and her mom got. this week it wasn't as much since millie kindly went and got some herself earlier in the week. when she opened her door she could here timothee talking quite loudly. he sounded a bit upset. kaya wasn't the one to snoop in peoples conversations but she heard him say her name.

"what about ky?"

★★★★★
phone conversation
tom and timothee

"kaya. tell me about her"

"what about ky?"

"cmon timmy, don't play dumb. i know you like her"

"yeah i like her but there's no way we would ever be together. she's a great girl, she's the most beautiful sole i've ever met. but i don't think she likes me back"

"damn. you really like her don't you"

"yeah tom. i do. i'm falling in love with her and i can't do anything about it. i don't know what i'm going to do "

"don't beat yourself up about it kid. everything will work out in due time"

"will it though? "

★★★★★

kaya started felt her heart drop to her stomach. all of her friends were right. he did like her, and she was so blind to it. she knew deeply in the back of her mind that she liked him too but she'd never admit it. she didn't know what she was going to do. she opened the door again and closed it louder so timothee would know she came home and with that she heard him say "alright kayas home, i got to go" and then he ran into the kitchen with a big smile on his face. this time his smile was different. this time she thought it was adorable. "hey" ky said as she started to get the groceries out of her bags. "want me to help?" timothee asked kaya, kaya nodded and they started putting stuff away. while they were putting the grooves kaya felt different. every time she would look at him he stomach would start to churn. she decided to ignore it and continue putting the groceries away.

"you ready for me to teach you how to drive?"

author speaks!
just to clear confusion tom hiddleston is a stand in for armie hammer bc well... yeah.