Twenty three

Next day

Minho seeing his seven friends at their usual spot, makes his way towards them.

"How is Y/n doing?" Jeongin asks as he quickly got up from his seat.

"Yeah how is she?" Jisung worriedly asks. "I tried calling her yesterday but she didn't return my calls or reply to any of my texts."

Minho sighs as he takes his seat next to Jisung. "I don't know. She didn't say one word to me when she got home yesterday and she just locked herself in her room the whole night."

"Is she at school?"

"I would hope so because she left before me." Minho said. Jeongin stood up from his seat, "I have to go find her."

Minho nodded, "I'll come with you."

Before they left, they see a girl classmate walk up to Hyunjin. She looked disinterested as she was standing in front of him. "Na Jaemin is back so you're gonna have to go back to your old seat."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What? I need that seat to see the board." She shrugged, "Not my problem. As class president, I need an ordered classroom. So you can either go back to your old seat or take it up with the teacher. Anyways yeah." She said before walking away.

"Jaemin's back?" Jisung asked out loud, obviously he listened to the two's conversation.

Jeongin panicked. "Jaemin. Thee Jaemin from Y/n's past, the one she liked? What am I going to do? What if she-."

Minho held the boy's shoulders in order to calm him down, "Innie calm down. Its been a year and the main thing is that she likes you now."

Jeongin nodded, "You're right. Maybe we should just go find-...her...already." The boy turned around mid-sentence to see Y/n and Jaemin walking into the school side by side.

She didn't notice Jeongin or either of the guys because even though they were all looking at them, everyone in the hallways were also doing the same thing.

Jeongin's heart winced when he saw her laugh at something Jaemin said. When they passed their table he notices Soyeon, who just arrived, also looking at the two.

She sighed before meeting eyes with Jeongin. She just shakes her head before walking away.

"I'm really sorry Jeongin." Minho reassured the boy with his hand on his shoulder. "I will talk to her later but right now I think you shouldn't worry about this at all."

Jeongin just nods like he wasn't listening at all, all he could do was think about Y/n and Jaemin. "Okay." He said with no expression.

-

"Okay." He said with a smile.

"Great." Yujin, the class president, exclaimed. "Na Jaemin you're back in your old seat and your seat partner is Lee Y/n."

Jaemin smiles towards Y/n, "I see nothing has changed."

She nods, "I guess so." She then takes her seat with Jaemin following.

The teacher hasn't arrived yet so that gave the students more time to settle in or talk more with their friends.

Sitting right next to Jaemin was a great distraction for Y/n because it took her mind off of what happened yesterday and she really didn't want to remind herself with that.

She was doing good until she notices Jeongin and a few of his friends walking past her classroom. It was probably to drop off Felix and Hyunjin but just seeing a glimpse of Jeongin reminded her of the whole thing.

Jaemin noticed the girl's discomfort then looked at where she was looking earlier to see Jeongin walking away with the rest of his friends.

"Who is he?" He asks.

She looks towards him, confused by the sudden question, "What?"

"Ex? Boyfriend? What?"

She shook her head before fiddling with her fingers, "No one."

He gave her a look, "Come on Y/n."

She sighs, "His name is Jeongin. I like him but after what happened yesterday, I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me back. Well I'm really sure he doesn't because for the past few weeks I've been trying to help him with Miyeon but now I'm just confused because yesterday he kissed Soyeon."

Y/n didn't notice she was rambling on and when she was done her eyes widened, looking at the boy who was processing the whole thing.

"Wow." Is all he said. He then furrowed his eyebrows, "Wait. Did you mention Soyeon?"

She wish she didn't but she did so she nodded.

"Wow I haven't seen her since I left. Is she still shy because I remember when she confessed to me last year she couldn't stop stuttering. It was cute though." He chuckled.

Y/n blinked, "Well she changed a lot since then. She's even best friends with Cho Miyeon."

"I thought you guys were best friends? I mean she would always be at your locker." He questioned.

She pursed her lips into a frown, "Not anymore. I guess some things did change." She let out a small, disheartening chuckle.

"I'm sorry." Jaemin blurted. "It was because of me, your guy's friendship ended."

Y/n shook her head, "No it wasn-"

"Yes it was." He cut her off. "I was there. After Soyeon ran off after she confessed, I followed her and I saw you two arguing. I didn't want to make things any more worse so I kept quiet until I moved away."

He sighed, "I'm really sorry Y/n. I liked you a lot back then which got me to reject Soyeon, ruining your friendship."

She pursed her lips into a reassuring smile, "It wasn't fully your fault. I did take a part of it but all of it is now in the past and we can just move on from it."

Jaemin nodded, "You're right." He then smirks, "So let's go back to the Jeongin part."