Fifteen

flashback

It's definitely something.

I mean this is just one boy. How could Soyeon just end our friendship just like that? Over one boy.

It's been a week since Jaemin moved away and Soyeon has already found a new set of friends.

I mentally groaned.

I should've known. How did I not see this? Well maybe I did see it. I mean Jaemin is my seat partner and I would see Soyeon happily stare at me but maybe it wasn't me she was happily staring at this whole time.

I mentally groaned again, I'm such an idiot. But now its over. Its been over ugh stop thinking about it Y/n. You did nothing wrong.

"Ugh." I accidentally thought out loud.

"Are you okay? I've never seen you this stress before." Jisung said as he was playing on the game console at her house.

"I just can't stop thinking about what happened with Soyeon." I sighed.

"So what you two liked the same boy. I don't understand why you guys gotta stop being friends." He said.

"I don't understand either." I shook my head as I thought about my last interaction with the girl.

I've never seen her so upset except when I first found her in that alleyway.

"This wouldn't have happened if you just didn't help her." Minho plopped on the couch, right next to Jisung.

I eyed the guy, not saying anything.

"I'm just saying. You've never been in a relationship so what makes you the right person?" He shrugged.

"Don't you remember when she got that one couple together?" Jisung recalled. Minho furrowed his eyes. "You mean when she tripped, bumping into that girl causing her to fall into the guy's lap?"

I sighed as I replayed that moment in my head. "Yeah he's right." I defended my brother. "That time was an accident, this time I was actually trying and look how that turned out."

"Then you'll stop." Minho said. "You shouldn't have agreed in the first place. So you'll just never do it again."

I sighed. "Got it."

"Now that we discussed that, how about a few games of Mario Kart?" Jisung smiled. Minho and I agreed as we reached over for our own controller.

...

(That night)

I stepped out the bathroom as I dried my hair.

The first thing I do is of course check my notifications on my phone.

Oh my god!

[You've got 3 new notifications from Jeon Soyeon].

Soyeon: Hey

Soyeon: Can we talk tmr after school?

Soyeon: I'll be waiting by the front gates.

[Jeon Soyeon went offline 10 minutes ago].

"Did she- oh my god is this real?" I smiled at my phone.

Does she want to renew our friendship?

I giggled. "I hope tomorrow goes well."

-

(after school)

I didn't see Soyeon at all today so I'm now anxiously waiting for her by the front gates, where she said to meet.

After about 5 minutes of waiting I see a familiar figure walking towards me.

"Soyeon you have no idea how happy I was to see you text me." I said.

She held a large smile. "And you have no idea how happy I am to see you here right now."

"Well why are you standing so far? Aren't you gonna come closer to talk to me?" I questioned.

"Then I would also be standing in the splash zone." She innocently said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

Then before I knew it I felt a sort of thick paste being poured over my head. I was too in a shock to even move or do anything.

I lifted my head to see a laughing Soyeon then all of a sudden the goop on my head was running down my face and hair.

It wasn't a pleasant feeling at all.

"Thanks so much Minhyuk and Peniel." Soyeon told the guys who apparently were the ones who did this to me.

"That's for hurting our little cousin." One of them said.

"But I didn't-"

"Save it. You deserve this." She glared. "And might I say, dates do look good on you. If you love them so much, you should have them." She evilly laughed.

Soyeon and her cousins then left, leaving me with my messy self, her cruel pun, and a few bystanders who either ignored what just happened and kept walking or whispered amongst each other.

I didn't cry because I wasn't gonna let Soyeon break me down like this. Instead I held my head high and walked home, even with the pile of dates jam on my head.

Ignoring the looks I was getting, I kept walking until I reached the door.

I heard laughter coming from the living room and once I stepped into the room, the laughter stopped.

"What happened to you?" Jisung stood up abruptly, worriedly asked. I didn't answer him.

"Y/n?" Minho called out, noticing my silence.

I couldn't handle it anymore. I dropped my bag and suddenly my legs became weak causing me to fall to my knees.

Some of the jam on my head dropped on the floor but I didn't care. I didn't even care that it was running down my uniform.

Then it happened.

I broke down into tears as I relived my humiliation and remembering that look on Soyeon's face when it happened.

I caused her heartbreak and now I'm paying for it.