Sixteen

(Jeongin's pov)

Her soft, dark brown hair that rests on her shoulders. To her bright and cute features on her face. To how confident she is when she wears such comfortable clothes.

Lee Y/n.

We're at Minho's house once again and instead of listening to whatever Chan was saying, I was staring at my best friend's girlfriend.

What is wrong with me? I shouldn't be looking at her but the way she smiles when she was talking to Jisung. She makes me want to go over there and just stare into her eyes.

Usually Y/n would be in her room or out somewhere, but not today. Today Minho made her stay and I mentally thanked him for that.

Her just being here makes my heart flutter but every time I think about her being with me, I remember that she's with Felix already.

Is it bad that I want her all to myself?

"I think that's a good idea. Don't you agree Innie?" I hear Hyunjin say before hanging his arm around my neck.

I blinked, forgetting my thoughts. "What?"

"Let's all go to the arcade tonight." Felix repeated. "Did I hear arcade?" Jisung immediately turned his head.

The arcade? It reminds me of when Y/n took us there when we first hanged out. I remember that day.

Her eyes when she focused on the claw machine. The way the lights looked illuminated across her face. And the way she got excited when she helped me win that doll.

"You guys enjoy yourselves. I'm gonna-" Y/n started.

No, please come with us Y/n.

"Nope you're coming with us." Jisung grabbed onto Y/n's arm before she was able to leave the room.

Thank you so much Jisung.

She sighed. "Fine."

-

(Y/n's pov)

I can't believe Minho made me stay today. My plan on avoiding Jeongin until me liking him goes away won't be happening any time soon.

If I stick with Felix maybe I won't be even near Jeongin at all.

"Okay we have 9 people and 2 cars. Who's going with who?" Changbin asks.

The boys were talking amongst each other and they decided that in Chan's car will be him, Minho, Jisung, and Hyunjin.

While in Changbin's car it's him and Seungmin. Leaving just me, Jeongin, and Felix to decide.

"One more in Chan's car and the rest can go with Changbin." Jisung said.

If I went with Felix in Changbin's car then he would just tease me about Jeongin the whole ride. If I went with Jeongin...well you know.

"I'll go with Cha-"

"I'll go with Chan." Felix spoke above me. I eyed him as he gave me a sneaky smirk, knowing exactly what's going on in his mind right now.

"Don't you want to be in the same car as Y/n?" Jeongin asks Felix. It sounded like he didn't want to sit with me either.

I know my reason, what's his?

"Why would I?" Felix just as confused as me but just shrugs. "We'll see you guys there."

Before we went into our designated cars I see Felix let out an 'awe' as he places a hand on his chest.

I swear I am going to kill him for this. Maybe not, but we'll see.

What just got worse was that Seungmin was already sitting in the passenger seat, leaving me in the back with Jeongin.

To my surprise, Changbin had so much stuff piled up on one of the seats. So Jeongin ended up in the middle seat and me on his right.

I didn't want this ride to be awkward so I decided to be the bigger person and actually speak to the boy.

(third person pov)

"How are you Jeongin?" Y/n asked.

To their luck Seungmin had loudly turned the radio on so they couldn't hear the two's conversation in the back.

She didn't notice but Jeongin was blushing at just her talking to him.

He gulped. "I've been g-good."

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. He has never stuttered whenever they talked. She thought it could have been the music that messed with her hearing.

"H-how about you?"

She didn't look at him and just stared down at her hands. Y/n didn't want him to see her face heating up.

'Why is this so difficult?' She thought.

"Same." She manages to let out.

None of them wanted to bring up Miyeon or Felix because that will just lower their mood even more.

But they also felt a bit of happiness when they finally got to sit next to one another.

"Hey is it hot back there?" Changbin looks at his mirror to find the two with redden faces. "I'm sorry. Let me just turn on the AC."