Twenty five

After school

"Let me walk you home." Jaemin looked at Y/n with concern. She shook her head, "It's fine. I'm just gonna wait for Minho. He has dance practice and he lets me sit on the side to watch."

"I know you want to go home. You look tired." He said.

Y/n sighs, "I guess I really do want my bed right now." He smiles, "Then I guess I'm taking you home."

Before they left through the back gates, they stop when they hear someone running towards them.

"Y/n stop, I need to talk to you." Soyeon called out, almost out of breath. She stops in front of the two using the opportunity to catch her breath.

"What more do you need to say? You got it, you got your revenge. Don't you think you've done enough?" Y/n frowned. She was on the verge of crying from just seeing Soyeon but the amount of strength she had left stopped her from doing so.

Soyeon notices the pain in Y/n's voice and right there, she realized that what Y/n is feeling is way worse than what she felt last year. She realized that last year Y/n was only trying to help but Soyeon had hurt her on purpose.

Soyeon looks at her with empathy, "I'm so sorry Y/n. Sorry for not believing you last year, sorry for accusing you, and I'm deeply sorry about Jeongin."

"He told us he really liked you and I used that to hurt you. I lied about him still liking Miyeon and I'm really sorry."

"You did?" Y/n said.

"I don't know what came over me but I don't want to be that person again. And that kiss wasn't real, I faked it to make it look real."

Y/n didn't say anything, instead she wraps her arms around Soyeon into a hug. "I forgive you." She said.

Soyeon lets go of the hug as she looks at the girl, "Really?" Y/n nods as she holds a smile. Soyeon chuckles when she hugs Y/n again with joy, "I really missed you as my friend. I promise I will make this up to you."

Soyeon holds onto Y/n's shoulders, "Starting now. I heard that Jeongin and Seungmin skipped practice today and went to the ice cream parlor. They could still be there." She grabbed onto Y/n's hand as she was about to run.

Y/n calms the girl, "Woah woah I get that you want to make things right but I'm actually really tired right now. Plus I already planned on how I'm gonna talk to him."

"I'm gonna find my brother now so I guess I'll see you both later." Y/n says before disappearing into the hallways of the school.

Realizing that there was a third person, Soyeon stood awkwardly when she saw Jaemin looking at her. She's not going to lie, when she first saw Jaemin again all of her feelings came rushing back and now it's rushing to her cheeks.

"That was really cool what you did. Despite what happened earlier, this new person is definitely cool." Jaemin said.

She looks at him, "Really?"

He nodded.

"Hey um, I was about to go home but I realized that I had skipped lunch. Do you perhaps want to join me?" He asks.

Soyeon smiles, not trying to freak out in front of the boy she clearly likes, "I would love to." She calmly said.

"Great."

-

"Terrible."

Minho suddenly stopped dancing when he heard the sudden word. "Excuse me?" He exclaimed towards his freckled friend.

Felix shook his head, "Not you, I'm talking about Jeongin. He skipped practice today because all he could think about is how Y/n might of fell for Jaemin again. Seungmin had to go with him because he was worried of what might happen to him."

Just then the boys heard someone knock on the door of the practice room then it opened to reveal Y/n popping her head inside first then walking into the room.

The boys looks at each other discreetly then Minho carefully walked over to where Y/n went to sit down.

"Hey sis, um-"

Without looking at him she continues to take a book out of her bag, "You guys don't have to worry. I talked to Soyeon and everything is resolved."

Still not looking up, Y/n cuts off Minho before he was even able to speak a letter. "Before you say anything, I know that behalf of Jeongin you guys are worried about Jaemin."

She looks up to each one of the boys. "We're just friends and I know for a fact that he and Soyeon likes each other. What you guys are really concerned about is my feelings towards Jeongin."

They nodded.

She held a small smile as she thinks to herself. "I like him. And there isn't anything in the world that I'd rather want than him."