Six

(Jeongin's pov)

"Wow you're actually really good at this basketball game." I exclaimed.

Y/n shrugged. "I come here a lot so it really just came from practicing."

I chuckled then something caught my eye.

A claw machine.

"Ooh. Let's do this one." I walk up to the machine and I totally want that Pororo doll that's sitting in the center, waiting for someone to claim them.

Y/n chuckled from beside me. "A money eater. Okay let's see your claw skills."

I put in a dollar and started to move the joystick that moved the claw inside the machine.

I was really focused because I really wanted it.

Time was running out and the claw looked like it was hovered over the doll so I pressed the button, letting down the claw.

I groaned when the claw missed the doll by just an inch and just picked up nothing.

"Forget it. Let's go-"

"No no. You look like you wanted that doll, so you're gonna get that doll." Y/n said.

I sighed as I put another dollar in the machine. This time Y/n was standing right next to me with her face near the glass of the machine.

Honestly she was a little too close, I couldn't focus on moving the joystick.

"Okay to the right. A little to the left. Good good now a little to the back- perfect." She guided me.

Then she moved a little closer to me, checking if the claw was centered to the doll. I held my breath trying my best to not move or else we would be extremely close face to face if one of us were to turn our heads.

With Y/n focused on the game I didn't notice that I've been staring at her side profile.

The way her hair sits perfectly on her shoulders. The way her brown eyes shined from the lights of the machine to her rosed cheeks to her soft l-

"Jeongin." She called my name, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I blinked like I was in some kind of trance. "Huh, what?"

"Press the button before the time runs out. Hurry." She said. Then I did.

We both watched the claw, hoping it succeeds this time. Then...

It did. The claw has grabbed onto the doll and dropped it into the shoot. Y/n happily clapped as I reached down to grab which is now my doll.

"Oh my god I can't believe that worked." I patted the doll's head, smiling at it. Then I heard her chuckle from beside me.

"You're so cute. Come on, it's getting late. We should head home."

I felt a smile as it reached my lips. 'Cute'. The guys would always call me cute but hearing it from someone else feels different. But a good different.

We walked out of the arcade and before we could part ways I stopped her.

"Huh?" She looked at me with a confused look.

"Should I walk you home? It's not safe for you to walk home by yourself at this time of night." I said.

She smiled. "If you insist." Then we started to walk, side by side. No hand holding this time.

...

We have reached the gates of Y/n's home and she stopped to turn towards me.

"Thanks for walking me home." She said. "Yeah no problem." I replied.

"And I actually have something to tell you." I nodded for her to go on. "I've been lying to you."

Uh oh.

"Today was actually a test and congrats you passed your first day." She excitedly said.

What?

"What?"

"Yeah sorry." She said. "You're not mad are you?" She pouted as she brought her face closer to mine.

"H-huh I'm not mad." I could feel my face heating up. I guess personal space doesn't exist in her dictionary.

She chuckles, pulling back. "But there are still more things we need to work on."

"Since the weekend starts tomorrow, meet me at the park tomorrow night." She added.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Oh just in case. Let me give you my number. It'll be helpful whenever you need to contact me." I gave her my phone as she puts in her phone number.

"Get home safe. I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled then left.

I just stood there then I looked at my phone. This is my first time having a girl's number in my phone beside my mom's.

"Wow."

-

(Y/n's pov)

"Wow."

"What?" I furrowed my eyes as I see my brother standing in front of me with his arms folded.

"Why did I just seen you and Jeongin outside just then?" Minho asked, giving me a look that he was waiting for my answer.

"We hung out together." I shrugged like it was no big deal. Because it wasn't.

"After school, the whole day?" He asks. I nodded.

"Didn't we talk about this? You can't be helping Jeongin." He said.

Crap now I have to lie.

"I'm not. Is it so hard to believe that we actually became friends and we just hung out?" Now I'm folding my arms, hiding my lie.

Minho slightly widened his eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Oh I know what's going on now." He smirked.

Oh no he can see right through me. I knew I was a bad liar.

"You have a crush on my friend, don't you?" He was smiling hugely. Something I rarely see, maybe because I'm almost never home. Who knows, it's still something I don't really see.

"Fine you caught m- wait what?"

"You can tell me." He teased. I shook my head. "It's not like that. I promise you, just friends."

"Okay." Minho looked at me like I was lying. Which I'm not...this time.

"Anyways I just had to make sure you made it home safe. So now that you are, I'm gonna go to sleep." He walked away.

"Goodnight." I called out to him. He just waved.

Me having a crush on Jeongin?

Impossible.

He likes Miyeon and I'm just helping him.

I'm not gonna make the same mistake again so friends is just what we are.

Friends...