Eight

flashbacks

one and a half years ago

"Now this is what I deserve." I smiled at the ice cream bar in my hand.

Before I was able to open its wrapper I hear someone crying in the alleyway near the 7/11 I just walked out of.

"Soyeon?" I called out to the girl.

Jeon Soyeon, the shy and emotionless girl in my classes. It was weird to see her cry right now, knowing she always held such a straight face in school.

She looked up at me with her red eyes and my eyes softened at the sight.

"Y-y/n?" She softly said.

I looked down at my ice cream bar one more time before giving it to the girl in front of me.

"It looks like you need this more than me." I smiled. Soyeon's frown then turned into a small smile.

"T-thank you." She said as she took the cold treat.

I couldn't just leave her alone in a empty alleyway so I invited her to go and sit somewhere.

"This view looks amazing." Soyeon smiled as she took the final bite of the ice cream.

I chuckled at the girl. "It looks even better at night." We sat in silence for a moment then I saw that there was something still on her mind.

"So do you want to talk about what has been upsetting you earlier?" I turned to look at the girl.

Soyeon gulped. "So there's this boy at school..." She started. Of course it starts with a boy.

"I found out that he likes girls who are well...not me, someone who can't even talk to a boy without stuttering and messing up words. Someone who is too shy."

I watched as she continued to sulk her shoulders. "You must really like this boy if you're crying over him. Mind telling me who this boy is?" I asked.

I saw Soyeon start to blush as she lowers her head. "I prefer not to." She shyly said. Then she suddenly lifted her head and I swear I saw her eyes literally lit up.

"I've seen that you can pretty much talk to anyone in school." She exclaimed.

I chuckled, "Not anyone." I shook my head.

"You have a way of talking to people and I've heard you've helped people before. Do you think-"

"No no no." I cut her off. "I can't help you and that was only one time. It looked like she needed a push and they got together on their own." I shrugged.

"Please." She pouted. Oh not the puppy eyes. Why does that always work on me? Damn you Jisung.

"Fine." I sighed. "Meet me here tomorrow afternoon. Then we'll see what we can do."

"Okay." Soyeon exclaimed.

...

one year and 4 months ago

"Ahhh." Soyeon squealed. "I did it. I did it." She jumped.

"What is it that you did?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I put my textbooks back into my locker.

"I managed to talk to him." She said. I closed my locker and looked at the happy girl. "Really?! What did you say?"

Blood suddenly flushed her cheeks. I swear she blushes even if I say the word 'boy'. "Not much. I just said 'hi' and he smiled at me."