Four

(Jeongin's pov)

"Okay Jeongin you can do this." I told myself. I breathed in and out gathering all the confidence in my body.

"She's right there. All you need to do is tell her what you want and the rest will be history." I muttered.

I let out a final breathe of air before walking up to the girl's locker.

"Hi." I managed to let out.

(third person pov)

"Hi." Jeongin's voice was heard.

Y/n looked to her side and smile. "Hey. How'd you know where my locker was?" She asks.

He cleared his throat, "Um." He was clearly taken aback by the question knowing he should've rehearsed this. "Well we are in the same grade so it wasn't that hard to find you." He said.

Jeongin took a moment trying to think what he was going to say next.

"Did you need to tell me something or are you just going to stand there?" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows at the quiet boy.

"Actually it's about that offer you made the other day." He started.

"No." Y/n sternly said as she closes her locker.

"What? But you-"

"No. I can't." She cut him off. "Look I'm sorry I even made that deal. You're my brother's friend and I promised to not interfere with any of his friends." She said before she started to walk away.

"Wait." Jeongin grabbed onto Y/n's arm resulting her to look where his hand was then back to his face.

Jeongin cleared his throat and lets go of the girl, mumbling a sorry.

"I- why don't we just keep it a secret? You know, not tell Minho you're helping me." He said. You would think he looked desperate right now but it was the opposite.

"Oh? Where is this confidence coming from?" She raised her eyebrow, moving her face close to Jeongin's, looking at his expression.

He held his breath, not moving at the girl's sudden closeness.

She chuckled at the nervous boy and leaned back. "You're innocent but not that innocent, I can work with that. Fine, I'll help you but Minho really can't know about any of this."

He nodded. "Of course."

"Great. Meet me at the back gates after school. And don't tell anyone, I prefer to talk in private. I mean that's why I'm the school's 'mole' right?" She winked then left with a smile.

"Wow. She's definitely something else, isn't she." Jeongin watches Y/n as she disappears into the crowd of students.

When he turned around he was met with Soyeon who held a straight face as she crossed her arms.

"Oh my god." Jeongin jumped back in shock, not expecting someone to be behind him. The girl didn't move an inch at all.

"H-hi Soyeon." He greeted the girl. She continued to glare at him. "Yang Jeongin."

"You know my name?" He asks.

"You're in the same class as me. And you also stare at Miyeon whenever you get the chance. So of course I need to know the name of the person who keeps looking at my best friend." She said.

"Oh I-I'm sor-"

"Save it. Also, what are your intentions with Lee Y/n? I just saw you talking to her." She eyed him.

"Um she actually-"

"Offered to help you?" She finished his sentence. Jeongin slightly widened his eyes. "How do you know about that?"

"Listen. That girl is bad news, don't trust her. She may say she can help but she really can't." Soyeon sternly said.

Before Jeongin could say anything, she started to walk away.

"Wait-" It was too late she was already far from his sight.

Jeongin just stood, confused. "Bad news?"

-

(Jeongin's pov)

I was in class and the teacher gave the whole class free time to work on our projects. So I used this time to think about what Soyeon had told me earlier.

What did she mean I couldn't trust Y/n?

"Innie aren't you gonna help us? You look phased." Jisung nudged my arm.

"Huh. Oh I'm sorry." I picked up my pencil but I continued to space out. Then I remembered how close Jisung and Y/n was yesterday.

I mean they have to be close right? Considering he did go over Minho's house a lot.

"Hey Jisung. You've been around Y/n a lot right?" Jisung simply nodded as he writes notes into his notebook. "And you guys are pretty close right?" He nodded again.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he stops writing to look at Jeongin. "Why are you asking?" Jisung asks.

"I just want to know what's she like." I shrugged. It was true but I mostly want to know what Soyeon meant.

Jisung just gave me a look. "What?" I confusingly ask as I just look at him.

"Wait do you like Y/n now? What happened to Miyeon?" Seungmin asked across from us.

"What? No it's not like that. I still like Miyeon, I'm just curious on what type of person Y/n is." I said clearing up this misunderstanding.

Jisung took a moment to think then he suddenly broke out a small smile.

"Y/n can have her moments but she really is a nice person. She would never do anything bad intentionally." Jisung started to look afar.

"And she's a really fun person to hang out with but she could never eat alone." He chuckled. "Whenever you see her smile, you wouldn't want to stop being with her." Jisung then shook his head as if he was in a trance.

"Um what were we talking about again?" He asked.

"Y/n." Seungmin replied.

"Right. Yeah." Jisung placed a hand on my shoulder. "All in all, she's a good person."

He nodded then went back to working on the project with Seungmin doing the same.

How could Soyeon possibly know about the offers though? She couldn't have known about it unless she actually...she couldn't right?