Nineteen

Running with layers and a heavy backpack for 5 minutes can do a number on you. I know I should've listened to my brother but there was something I wanted today.

Ice cream.

I know, very childish of me but if I'm craving something then I am for sure going to get it.

"Hi I will get two scoops of mint chocolate in a cup please." I smiled at the cashier. I placed my money on the counter as they took my order.

"Here you go miss." I thanked the worker as I took my cold delight and sat down in one of the booths.

"Just you and me." I spoke. Just when I thought I could take my first bite, an unwanted person sits from across of me.

I scoff. "Do you see Jeongin anywhere? Clearly not, so why are you here?" Why can't Soyeon just leave me alone?

"This is a ice cream parlor. Can't I just enjoy some icy treat?" She asks, looking so innocent. "Okay but do you have to sit here?" I finally took a first bite.

"You don't listen do you?" She completely ignores my question. "You helped Jeongin get another girl yet you guys walked hand in hand in the hallways of school today."

"That wasn't my fault." I plainly said. Because it isn't. He's the one who grabbed onto my hand and I just went with it.

"Well just remember, Miyeon is the one who Jeongin likes, not you. So if you want to keep your head clean, you will continue to stay away from him." The glare of Jeon Soyeon, it doesn't scare me but her words behind it does.

I clenched my teeth, mentally cursing at the girl. "I get it. Why do you keep reminding me? And if Miyeon is the one he likes then why isn't she the one warning me?"

Soyeon leaned in closer towards me, attempting to make me feel a bit threatened. Which it did but I didn't let her know that.

"Because she doesn't know you the way I do." She smirked. "You see, you caused my first heartbreak and now you're gonna feel the same way I did. Having to know the guy you could possibly love, likes another girl but you know you can never end up with him."

I blinked. I can't believe what I am hearing. I looked at her in disbelief. "Is this what it's all about? I understand that you blame me for it but are you seriously gonna make me suffer over it?"

"Oh trust me, the suffering hasn't even start." She said. What does she mean by that? Isn't staying away from the boy you like suffering enough?

She lets out a small evil chuckle before leaving the booth. Leaving her messy trash behind.

Not once have I've ever felt threatened by Soyeon, not even when she had her cousins dump that bucket of jam over my head. But today, today left an unsettling feeling in my gut.

-

On the walk home I couldn't stop thinking about what Soyeon told me. I mean is the jam humiliation not enough for her?

I let out a sigh before opening the door to my house. Just as I was making my way to the living room I hear heavy footsteps running from behind me.

Thud.

Next thing I knew I've been tackled to the ground. "I got her!" I hear Jisung yell from on top of me.

"Get off her Jisung. I told you, the next time she makes a run for it then you catch her. She's clearly home now." I saw Minho's feet just beside my head.

Jisung then hopped onto his feet and helped pull me up. "Seriously? You know I wouldn't have to run from you guys if you just let me be." I said.

"Right and let you be messed with by Soyeon again. Tell me, did she confront you again today while you were out?" Minho asks.

Man I hate lying.

"No. No she did not." I smiled smugly. I dropped my backpack by the kitchen island and went to grab a snack. "So what movie are we watching tonight?" Averting the topic elsewhere.

Usually when Jisung comes over the three of us likes to put on a movie and just relax I guess. It's pretty much a routine for us.

I understand why they want to protect me but it's my life and I can handle whatever happens.

"Not sure yet but you guys know what to do." Minho said.

"I got the blankets." Jisung left to go upstairs.

"I'll set up the TV." Minho went to the living room.

"And I got the snacks." I'm already in the kitchen.

-