CHAPTER-5

"Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else."

Ayesha was right, he wasn't there.

Though I don't know how to feel about this. I was greatly relieved but was borderline disappointed. Fine very disappointed. You cannot feel totally happy missing the chance to see the person you are crushing on secretly. Maybe it was for better anyway, nothing could come good if we happen to met again.

Initially only Jo and Kavya were waiting for us they took me with surprise by hugging me tightly as if we were long last best friends. The thought of them still remembering me warmed my insides. They were not much changes in their appearances except the crop braided pony gave Jo added a notch to her athletic body.

Kavya's had gone for more change of dressing from short dresses to fitted jeans. The light caramel tints at end of her waist length hair somehow brought a quite mature characteristic to her bubbly character.

I was only glad in spite of tiny changes in their physical appearance, rest of their personalities was still intact with similar approachable friendly nature.

"You look different, beautiful kind of different." Kavya gushed.

"Don't get me wrong you were pretty before but now, simply gorgeous." she continued

My heart swelled in happiness, I saw Ayesha smiling at me knowing how these praises were encouraging at the same time soothing the ache of years of those taunting responses. I mentally shook my head to steer away from such depressing thoughts.

I was feeling happy in my own body, accepting it and that is all it should matter.

We were all seated as the talk began it was supposed to be about auditorium and its decor but it distracted with fashion, feminism that Jo initiated the topic according to her, for making the aimless talk more meaningful.

Then forty minutes later Prithvi walked in, his expression remained stoic. He offered a curt nod looking in our direction. Nothing was changed in him except there seemed to subtle warmness. The hint of the reason came along. He was taking a nap lying his face on pile of books with Jo's scarf covering his head. She cutely scowled at him as he snatched it from her with a teasing smirk. This was only my second time watching their exchange even with zero experience in relationships, I could tell there is something more to their 'friendship.'

Then much to dismay of Ayesha, Azar followed with the excuse that as everyone was already with special guests he couldn't miss the chance. He keeps stealing glances at Ayesha making her stutter in her nonstop rambling. It was totally shocking to see that 24/7 chatterbox to actually stutter.

Everyone from B-5 was here except him.

I was trying to keep sadness from my face by occasionally muttering responses or smiling at their antics. Azar was throwing small tissues balls at Prithvi to rile him up. Jo and Kavya were sharing funny memories of their campus life while Jo kept warning Azar to stop as his actions would land him in problem.

It was good change from routine surprisingly feeling comfortable with this infamous group.

Though something kept missing. At least for me. I know it's him.

They were doing it again. Since we have joined them, Kavya was continuously texting but the odd thing was she'd show it Jo then pass it to Azar. There were exchanging amusing glances with each other, then not so subtly they'd look at me. I was trying to brush off their odd behavior, Ayesha as expected was talking randomly about anything.