CHAPTER-15

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

Arjun

If I'm in mansion, I spend most of my time either in my room or outside in the backyard.

The non-speaking plants and trees seemed a much comfortable company than people inside. Pushing myself in the lawn swing occasionally stuffing spoonful of delicious halwa from second or third serving, my overdrive senses were steadily calming down.

After exiting dad's office, I immediately walked in here. 

Glancing at Mom who was busy analyzing her precious plants, I sighed. This woman doesn't know the meaning of rest. Both mom and dad are on autopilot with their schedules, one'd never find them lazing around. Even if they own such gracious wealth that would be enough for many lifetimes.

Amidst disciplined routines, they'd have all the meals together and evening long walks after dinner without fail. It honestly bewilders me how both are in sync for everything in their life. A small fights or banter here and there but nothing would drift their compatibility. 

I don't think it's possible to find such deeper level of understanding where anything could happen, still their trust and love for each other would be unshakable.

A water bottle comes in my view breaking my chain of thoughts, I  squint to see Mom gesturing at me to take it. Muttering a thank you, I drink few sips sighing loudly. I set the empty bowl beside and was about to cap the bottle when mom stops.

"You will need it in a minute."

Her cryptic words made me lift my brow as she sits beside me. She is wearing brown cargo pants and white half length kurti already stained in brown soil spots. Her hair pulled back in tight bun, it's a puzzle that there wouldn't be a single stray of hair out of place.

She keeps tapping fingers on her knees, a clear sign of her uncertainty. This rises my doubts at the prospect of her thoughts because mom is always confident about her decisions or words.

"I want you to get married." She blurts.

I choke down on my own spite, already expecting the reaction mom simply tilts the bottles to my lips. She rubs my back while trying to control her chuckles. Once I breathed out, I give her 'are you serious' kind of expression. How long was she thinking about it?

She sits back crossing one ankle over the other giving me that posture, I internally groaned. It meant she was fully prepared to get her way with this discussion.

"I know, this seems to be out of blue but it's not. I only wished to suggest you about considering next step in life."

I contemplate my reasons for few seconds, "Yamini, I'm in middle of settling my career, the firm is yet to earn a name before I even think of such drastic phase of life. I don't think, It's the perfect time."

She'd pursue me if I were to straight forward reject the idea. So I had to give a valid reason beside the fact that I was also avenging the murderer of ma. Surely, it wasn't time to bring her in this chaos. 

The direction of my internal thoughts paused my breathing- I was actually connecting marriage and Meera. The fuck?

"Arjun, mom clasp my hand in hers. I will my deranged emotions to seek comfort from her motherly warmness. "Listen, if you honestly have some different category of goals that need your sole attention then its fine. Otherwise, trust me on this, this phase of life where you are constructing a future is most convenient one to share and include your life partner."