CHAPTER-14

"You cannot control the behavior of others, but you can always choose how you respond to it."

Arjun

Having a family meal should be enjoyable with free exchange of any thoughts or their routine aspects. Well that stands for 'normal families' and Rajvansh family was anything but normal. Here, the clatter of ceramic plates, the other cutlery was its unique way of presenting the family was joined for a proper meal in one dinning.

My grandmother according to documents, Mrs. Maya Rajvansh was giving me stink eye because my elbows were on table and posture was sluggish in chair. I know this. If she thought this was disturbing oh, there was still whole breakfast time. Her husband Mr. Avinash Rajvansh was doing a better job than her by completing ignoring my presence.

They expressed their opinions clearly that I was outsider and Vivaan was their only grandson. The rightful heir of this family. I was not interested in their single penny also I accepted fact that Blood is thicker than water. So I was indifferent to their hostility.

I hope they survive my presence around because I plan to enjoy all my meals. Mom was cooking, I'd be bitten by ten dogs at a time to skip the delicacies due to some sour people. That woman is best cook in this whole universe, I don't give a fuck if it's a bias opinion. 

Anyways, eating a molded bread or only one meal for days, I always feel grateful while having every proper meal each day. I don't complain or spare anything served in my plate.

The sound of footsteps wrenched me through my thoughts, Dad stood near my chair. Automatically I stood up, bending down and touching his feet for blessings. He held my shoulder mid-way through, even at five six height his broad, strong physique oozed with confidence and power that could make any stranger quack their feet. His word holds finality in my life even in this family.

Reasons were different though, others feared him, I respected my dad.

The light brown eyes similar to vivan would never miss to shine with happiness whenever he'd see me. He was about to say something when the elders thought the spotlight was not on them.

"Inder, Please take your seat so we could start our breakfast. It's 8:01, already."

I internally gagged at the formality tone being used by his own mother. All the meals should be on time and only on dining table. Dad pursed his lips respectfully nodding at her.

"Meet me in my office after breakfast." He informs, tapping my shoulder once.

Once seated, I was getting impatient as one by one house help was arranging the table but my eyes were searching for mom. I was sure she was definitely bringing my most favorite dish by herself. Shortly, dad's younger sister Shivani and her husband Mahender joined the table.

"Oho! Arjun had finally decided to make a comeback. And the fact, his absence wasn't involved to bring any new disgraceful gossip to this family's name. What a pleasant surprise." She taunts.

Her husband tries to object, giving me an apologetic look. I wonder how this simple man could put up with this sleazy woman or his in laws. Well I won't. Dad doesn't interfere because he knows I have mastered to handle such foul comments without getting worked up. He personally taught me.

"Buaji, I start with a sweet smile, "It surely takes a true talent to attach new gossips to this family. Which reminds me, it must have been tedious task and cost a fortune to cover up the 'fancy deeds' of Janvi. You all deserve a round of applause for pulling yet another act so cleverly."

Her family lives in this mansion obviously it was difficult to struggle a middle class life once you get taste of this lifestyle. Their daughter Janvi was married last year. It was a brazen story because one day it was revealed she was knocked up and none of them were aware of her dating life. But the blow up was dissipated quickly as her boyfriend belonged to their high society.