CHAPTER-16

The first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away."

'Don't give up Meera, just thirty seconds more.'

The stop watch pinged repeatedly on completion of one minute, my body collapsed on the floor. Gasping for air, I pressed my cheek enjoying the coolness of the floor on my sweaty skin. God, I never thought it'd be so pleasant simply lying on the ground.

The alarm kept pinging, I turned to the other side shaking Ayesha's ankle. She gives me dumbfounded look, I nod to her phone. She is being absent minded since days. In spite of knowing the reason, I couldn't do anything about it. Unless she wants to take the matter in her hands.

"Why are you kissing the floor?" she scrunches her nose at my position.

I scoff blowing stray hair from my face. She seriously missed the whole part.

Still not lifting myself, I answer in exasperation. "I completed five rounds of plank hold Ayesha, what do you expect?"

"Oh, I mean wow...congratulations." She gives me a smile which totally looks like a grimace.

Its weekend so obviously I tagged along in her place. Aunty and uncle were attending some relative's marriage leaving me and Ayesha here. She was spared only on the condition, she was to attend the reception. Also repeating hundreds of instruction, they was full time maid doing some chores in home and two trained watchmen outside.

They'd be back in late night though, so I didn't understand as they kept reminding to stay inside or call them for every hour. Maybe that's what parents do, worrying for their children no matter their age.

The realization leaves a sour taste, I push myself and thought away rather concentrating on my love sick best friend.

Crawling myself beside her, I grab the water bottle placed near the foot of her bed. Once satisfied to quench the thirst, I sighed in relaxation. "Ayesha, at this rate you'd bore holes in your phone or maybe Azar would get an evil eye."

She narrowed her eyes, puffing her cheeks in anger. It only made me laugh.

I cut my laugh short noticing she was about to get up and leave. I pull on her wrist, clearing my throat getting serious. Try to be. "Sorry, Sorry." I wrap my hands around her.

"You stink." She points out.

"Its natural body reaction, when one exercises Ayesha." I pet her head for the dumb question.

"I'd have shoved you away if not your hugs were comforting."

Ayesha is occupied by swiping Azar's photos one by one. I don't know her exact resources for getting these many photos of him, some appear way personal. His smile in each one is charismatic but the ones with B-5 seem genuine, especially sparkling his dark brown eyes. 'Hmm...I wonder how Arjun's smile would be'.

A smirk is the most I have seen on his tempting full lips. Memories of the other day slip in my mind, the way his body was so close to me. His amber eyes glinting with something as he roamed them on my face. And those words,

"How deeper you could bewitch me"

I shivered slightly shifting myself as his gruff voice repeated in my ears. Why would he say that?

Absolutely nothing between us could make any sense at once. Wait, there is no us to begin with. I ignore the ache in my heart, it's true though.

I assumed it was just meant to be a simple crush that would have faded over the span of one year. It didn't. And the recent encounters with him, it was only developed into something deeper. The simplicity is now transformed to a complex ball of emotions. Even agreeing or wording it had increased the pace of my heartbeat.