CHAPTER-20

A BROTHER IS YOUR SAME BLOOD WHO HAS A DIFFERENT BODY WITH BONDED SOUL"

"To conclude everything- your wicked mami planned to force you in relationship with that ass- A warning noise from aunty stopped the curse word, "I mean that butthole, then enters Rajvansh family, you black out and now...you are engaged to the Arjun Rajvansh. You were crushing on for more than a year is soon going to be your husband. Mashallah..." Ayesha finally breathed.

"Way to kick start your wedding."

I was on conference call with Ayesha and Kainath aunty. it was  difficult to convince them after revealing the news especially Ayesha. They were extremely disappointed to miss my engagement but it was not like anything was planned. 

At least Kainath aunty was in my team she was literally squealing in delight and soon our reasonable points caved in Ayesha.

Though reiteration of the whole situation made me fuzzy, as I couldn't help blushing and occasionally peeking at my engagement ring.

Ayesha tsked, "Look at her Ammi, she is glowing with all the happiness. I bet maybe thinking about all the romantic stuff with Arjun, sorry Jiju."

My jaw dropped, I hid my face "shut up Ayesha."

They both started laughing, "Okay, Ayesha stop teasing my Meera. And I pray that her happiness remains blessed from all the evil eyes." Aunty sobers quickly coming to my rescue.

"You mean Chaitra mami"

"Hmm...we could start from there." Aunty fakes a thoughtful expression.

We three cackle together.

"At least one of my daughters is on way for bravely pursuing  her love. Unlike someone here," Aunty taunts, eyeing Ayesha.

She stiffens openly reacting to her doubts, "Ammi, what, I mean how..." she trails off, nervously swallowing. 'She is such a terrible liar.'

"You honestly think, you could hide these things from your own mother. Dear, mothers are blessed with seventh sense to see right through their children. I had my suspicions, you just proved it." Aunty roll her eyes, sending a twinkling smile to me.

I was about to hint Ayesha when I hear some muffled voices. It took me a moment to recognize. I sprang up on bed startling Ayesha and aunty.

I answered their obvious question, "Can we talk later? Bhai has arrived back home."

Ayesha was about to interrupt but aunty agreed and disconnected the call. I was equally excited and angry more like hurt for finally seeing him. He is everything, my best friend, my protector. Somewhere he refilled the absence of father in my life. So when he distanced from me emotionally, it hurt a lot.

I was afraid if we could ever overcome this distance.

My feet scurried to a stop as I sensed he was having an argument with mamma, already. This was the problem even if Bhai managed to inherit physical similarities from papa, his nature was carbon copy from mamma. Both were hot headed personalities.

"Mamma, you should have prolonged this engagement. How could you accept such an important decision so abrasively?" Bhai always avoid to confront any situation. Though if does then either it'd end for better or worst.

Mamma doesn't lose her cool, "You were not here, so you have no idea about the seriousness of the whole situation. And things may seem going too fast but I gave it enough thought before agreeing to this marriage, alright."

Bhai scoffs loudly, throwing his hands in air, "Seriousness, it should be called scheming, mama. Your god dam family tried to ruin Meera's life and I don't know about you but I'm not going to spare anyone of them for even thinking to torment my sister's life."