CHAPTER-21

"A kiss is a secret which takes the lips for the ear."

I have learnt something today. Never discuss anything related to Academics with Arjun.

He is, as unkind as it sounds- absolutely cruel, nightmare version of strict tutor if he wants to be.

The events from morning replay in my mind.

I woke up with a big smile almost aching my lips at the prospect, I was going on a date with Arjun. Which was supposed to be two days ago.

Bhai so conveniently black mailed me to spend my time with him to make up for the lost ones. I didn't agree instantaneously, only when he promised to take me on long drives and he was going to cook my favorite recipes. Bhai was an exceptional cook no arguments there. So I reluctantly caved in.

Oh, not to forget he was planning, no scratch that scheming to finally meet with Arjun, officially. I was just putting my efforts to melt down the unasked tension between them. I know for the fact he'd not spare Arjun easily.

I thought I passed a great hurdle, the relief was short lived.

The second I stepped in class, with eye catching customized ring on my finger, it was talk of the day. I was mentally prepared to get unwanted attention but the theories that were circulating around were thoroughly unimaginative.

No one has guts to ask me directly as they preferred to gossip about the truth. Lastly with all the thrown concepts it was concluded on their own: I might be pregnant and was getting tied to some random grim man.

'How immature they could get.'

Ayesha was still spending time with her extended family, she'd return tonight. So the day was draining to say the least without her bubbly personality.

It was not half way through, professor Sharma announced to prepare a presentation with slides on the assigned topic. Mine was biochemical pathway of cholesterol. Of course how could he give me an easy understandable topic?

Still, my spirits survived until I blurted this said presentation and my stage fear to Arjun. Now, here we're sitting in the presentation room for PhD's not for graduates, to help me overcome my fear. Along with planning the outline for designing slides, it was one of the difficult debates I had.

I assumed until now Bhai was adamant when it comes to studies or anything related but Arjun, oh god, he is ruthless.

I mean it'd have been normal to greet your fiancé with a warm hug or may a kiss... on cheeks. Though it was only stuck to my fantasy. Nope, we updated about our days to crack up a conversation and it turned out to be big mistake on my part.

We still were going on a date though. If I completed my assigned work.

"Meera, you have eight more minutes before you step up on a dais to present a demo." He reminds, eyes concentrating in his laptop.

It slightly makes me cautious that he had no qualms doing his own work simultaneously inspecting my progress being totally unaffected by my presence.

Sure I was not a diva to grab center of attraction but I was his finance for god's sake.

And here I was effected with his presence. Tremendously.

The desk chair next to the dais was occupied by him, as he languidly sits. The late afternoon rays from window in the corner was giving a dull glow highlighting his side profile. The dark scruff on his chiseled jawline luring my fingers to discover about their roughness. Few trimmed strands of his hair bobbing on his forehead with constant moment of his head.