CHAPTER-30

"Scared is what you're feeling. Brave is what you're doing."

MEERA

Balancing the consolidated certificate, huge flower bouquet in one hand, I pushed the door inside.

It was my graduation today, it was nerve wrecking to say the least. I mean it was one thing to get noticed as student with second highest academic score but I was more recognized as the elder daughter in law of Rajvansh family, the owners of the ARMS University. Dad being the university's trustee was present, clapping the loudest when my name was announced. Not caring about the obvious attention, I even reached to take his blessings. The pride reflected in his eyes was enough to make me shed few tears.

Then he departed to attend some serious boring get together with his official partners. Afterwards it was people gawking at whatever I do. I was even suspicious if reporters were in cover up around.

Not to forget I was the only married student in our department.

I was so grateful not to trip on my feet and make a smooth appearance. I surely doubt my smile, with all nerves going haywire, it would look more like a grimace.

Anyways, I made a dash out of the ceremony to library. My mood was slightly deflated as none from my both families could make it on time, Arjun left first thing in earliest morning with couple of messages and promising me he'd definitely talk about everything in the evening.

This time I'd make sure he'd not go back on his word. Going on full strict wife mode with him. I giggled at my own thought.

Hearing the sound, Mr. Sharman glanced from his newspaper at me. I walked up to his desk with a huge smile, the corners of his eyes crinkled behind his glasses.

"Good morning technically its afternoon." I greeted him placing the bouquet on the table once he cleared a small space.

"And what might be the young highness of Rajvansh family doing in this library?" he teases taking his glasses off.

My nose scrunches up, "You better stop it sir, I had enough of it since morning."

I drag the closet chair to sit, the library is empty obviously. The faint hollers of students still could be heard from downstairs, the ceremony took place in main academic hall which was quite a walk from our biotech department.

Oh, I should probably stop calling it ours. We're ex-students now.

He chuckles as I huff getting comfortable in the seat, he resumes his position and we make a small conversation. He asks me about my future plans, I was satisfied he didn't presume like few professors that I wouldn't have any due to my new influential surname.

Dad was right people would pass judgment no matter what I decide to take the step. Though I'm not going to freak out because I'm assured mom and dad are both there for me.

So I reveal bits about taking interest in science journalism, surprising me Mr. Sharman provides me with useful insights. This is the advantage to get advice from experienced people, you could get clearer with different perspectives.

"It's going to take you initially a lot of patience to find your footing but I trust my best student." He says patting my hand with a gentle smile.

The door of the library is suddenly opened, Professor Sharma step inside. I get up controlling my startled expression and greet him for the day. He nods acknowledging, eyes shifting to my memo on the desk.

I try not to tip my head proudly as I have banged a gold medal in his subject-Biochemistry. No need to show off though my giddy smile is hard to hide.

"Congratulations, it was unexpected truly." He says with a forced smile.