CHAPTER-9

"Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself."

"This is the last warning, concentrate on slides or else, everyone would write a surprise test right now."

Instantly there was pin drop silence in the class, Professor Suman seemed satisfied as every student straightened their spine fixing their eyes on the projector. Not on their phones. It was Wednesday the last hour  just before the fresher's party day. It was silly how these senior students were getting excited when the party was for juniors.

Well that was the thing, in any way it was...a party.

I could still see girls tapping their feet impatiently giddily smiling maybe doing catwalks in their imaginations. Few boys texting, their fingers racing on the keypad while their eyes remained on the projector screen. Some skills, huh...I couldn't learn that in this lifetime.

 No one was interested a bit in studying about "Transgenic animals" in biotech class. Ayesha next to me was drooping, comically trying to keep her eyes open.

She narrows her eyes finding me smiling then deliberately yawn gazing at me. Her wicked intentions succeed resulting me to yawn like her. Then she starts laughing.

The attention was quick on us, professor Suman was kind of carefree personality but the way she glared at us was clear of her irritation. Ayesha was covering her mouth poorly controlling her chuckles, I knew it was waste to stop her. Her obnoxious laughter slows down on its own will, no one could do anything about it.

I gave an apologetic look to professor once her glare was shifted on me, obviously she'd believe both friends float in the same boat for everything. She opened her mouth maybe to assign us extra work when luckily a voice announced.

"It's Four p.m., so technically lecture ends now."

Looking at the digital clock on front wall, I sighed in relief. Professor didn't appreciate my relief grumbling to herself something about us students being ungrateful. Giving us last instructions, loudly, to review the slides and submit the assignments next week, she left the classroom.

Someone waved beside, I turned sideways to find Dev with a sly smirk. Oh, so it was him to voice the timing of lecture and his smirk tells me, he is expecting to hear some grateful words from me. Which he won't get.

Ignoring him I packed my things, it was just one book and pen unlike Ayesha who'd take nearly ten minutes to arrange her materials in bag. I could see how chaotic the class going to turn in any minute so I helped her to rush our escape from here.

Though my escape was only till outside of the class, as I have to spend next hour or two in library. Every alternate day in the week I take tuitions of five students from our class. My earnings were for me, as Mamma had refused to accept even a single penny of it. Initially I told her it was just my hobby to help my classmates but both of us were aware of the actual reason.

I feel hesitant to ask money for any of my needs from her. It feels like demanding something that I don't even own it.

Despite her refusal I save the money in my personal account only utilizing a small part of it. At very young age and our family's earlier situations, I have witnessed enough about importance of money. Also it makes me feel independent, a great freedom to make choices in life with as little as it is.

"You could have skipped today, Mer."

Ayesha protested once we neared the junction, steps on left side leading library and entrance to the front. I gave her a bored look. "You know it's not my choice, they want to have this session. I can't deny them just because I'm not in mood."