Tapes

I almost expected for Harry to call me as soon as I got out of work, but I had an unread message from him when he told me he was at the gate. I figured I wouldn't be hearing from him in a good couple of hours, at least not until tonight. I cleaned up what needed to be and when there was knocks on the door, I almost expected for Nes to be behind it but to my surprise, it was someone else holding a bouquet of colorful flowers.

"Oh, I'm sorry I think you've got the wrong apartment number." I begin to explain, nobody has ever sent me flowers.

The delivery boy looks at the note. "Beau Smith?" I furrow my eyebrows and nod hesitantly. "Yeah, I got the right apartment number." He hands me over the flowers and walks off. I look down at the note.

Excruciating day one of three.
-H.

I giggle softly as I close the door and head for the kitchen to grab a vase. I make sure to cut the stems before I mix in the plant food with the water and set them up on the kitchen table. Just as I was about done cleaning, another set of knocks grab my attention, this time when I open the door it's Nes.

"Hey, what—"

Nes pushes past me, her phone in hand and she looked wet from the rain outside. I furrow my eyebrows as her boots trail in mud, she removes her hat and turns to me. "I think you need to sit down for this."

"What do you mean?" I quiz, my heart beginning to race. She unlocks her phone, on it was a video. I follow her to the couch and sit. I had no idea what this was about, but apparently this video was enough for her to come to me. When I play the video, there's a dark screen.

"...Okay," a voice, Colson's followed by bottles clanking and a spark of a lighter. "How do you want to do this?"

"It will be no different than the other times," this time it's Harry's voice, his words seem slurred. "I do this for you, you do it for me."

"And what if you don't keep your word?" This time it's Nes, she appears to be the one taking the video.

"I'm not a fucking scoundrel." Harry remarks, he seems to be smoking by the sound of him letting air out. "Just do your part and I'll do mine."

The video ends and another begins, this time I hear loud moaning then it cuts then another video of moaning. Each video was different except for the people in it. Colson, Nes and Harry and a different girl every video. Seeing this made me sick to my stomach as I watched them have sex with the women. Sometimes they would scream, other times they would moan, sometimes both.

I'm about to ask Nes why she's showing me this but she stops me and plays another video. This time, I lay on the bed and my heart drops as I remember it was the night that I got into that fight with Harry and went with Darien to the club. Where I engaged in a threesome with Colson and Nes. I grimaced as I saw the video, not having any recollection of it, probably because of the drug I was given.

I heard another voice though and it cut to a shirtless Harry. I couldn't tell if who the woman on the bed was me or not but by the sounds and I believed that it was.

Harry was there? He knew we were being taped?

When I look up, I'm sure Nes senses my look of shock. "What the hell is this?" I say in disbelief.

"Harry went to my apartment the next day," she moves her choker on her neck so I am able to see a scar and some on her thighs. "He handcuffed me to the bed and threatened me with a knife. He said if I ever said anything to you, he would kill me."

I look at her, clearly dumbfounded. Harry? My Harry? This sounds nothing like him. I shake my head, not knowing how to process this. Why would he do this? "He gets batshit crazy when he snorts coke, I'm telling you, you don't know Harry at all. Not his true colors at least."

"Do you realize how insane this sounds?" I retort, standing up from the couch, her eyes follow me.

"Is it though?" She tilts her neck to the side, her eyebrows mashed together. "Harry is insane. You saw the videos, he gets girls and brings them to Colson and I to video tape them in case any of them ever try to sue them for his weird bdsm shit."

"But Harry picked me up from the club..." he seemed genuinely upset that day.

"He was there for gods sake," Nes retorts. "Harry is nowhere near the person you think he is. He's a nutcase and Darien can vouch that, she met him first. Harry wanted to get with her, the day they had sex she ran for the fucking hills because he hog tied her and almost choked her to fucking death."

I shake my head in disbelief. "I don't believe that." I say as I turn, my finger nails caught in between my teeth in nervousness.

Nes stands up, a grimace on her face. "Fine." She spits. "Don't believe me then," she makes her way to the door. "Actually, one more thing." She stops to turn to me. "That girl that moved out that Harry used to visit all the time? Her name's Hailey Stewart. Look her up." Her eyes bore into mine one last time before she walks out.

I hold in my breath for as long as I could before my lungs begin to beg for air, bringing me back to my senses. I didn't know wether to cry or shout or say nothing. What the hell am I supposed to say to that? I bask in my silence for a while.

When I look up, I notice my laptop on the couch and I quickly go towards it. I open google and type in the name.

Hailey Stewart. 30, institutionalized in Angel Hands rehabilitation center. On suicide watch.

I sit back, a picture of her looks back at me, same face since I saw her last at the restaurant. "...She said I could do with her what I wanted. When she came to me, she emphasized the fact that she didn't want to feel or think. She wanted the decisions taken away. So I granted her that."

Woman [Hailey Stewart, 30] attacks nurse with a handmade shiv on nightly checkup.

"...I would put a latex hood over her head. She was more of an experiment than she was a submissive." My phone dings and I realize it's Nes, she has sent me the videos. My heart races. "I didn't fuck her, I never did." I look through the videos until I find the one with her name. Hailey Stewart. This says otherwise.

"...Her time with me was filled with punishments, sometimes for absolutely no reason."

Hailey Stewart, dead at 30. She received last visit, found dead next morning.

I quickly slap my laptop shut and run to the bathroom to throw up.