You like that?

+18 MATURE CONTENT AHEAD.

"...I'm telling you, my parents have the best realtor you could find in the market. I will make sure she gives you a discount for being a friend." Darien tells me as we drive around different apartment complexes. I had been busy looking for a new apartment for a little over a month now. Given I had been in my current apartment for two years now, I think now with my wage I could afford something nicer and something more suitable for me.

"I don't think that'll be necessary," I tell her from the passenger seat. "I found a nice apartment over by Polo Lane." I pull up my phone and swipe through the pictures the advertisement offered. "It has a washer and dryer in the building as well as a community pool and a gym. Oh, and it's pet friendly."

Darien giggles at this as she rounds a corner. "You don't have any pets, Beau."

"It wouldn't hurt to check it out," I shrug. "Want to?" I give her my best puppy eyes to which she rolls her eyes.

"What's the address?" We end up at this gated community, probably a bit too modest for my liking but the apartments looked nice. Of course, that was my opinion. Darien looked like she could have an aneurism as she watched parents and kids running around the pool area. "Too many kids." She comments.

"What's wrong with that?" I offer a small laugh as we get out of the car and head towards the front office. "You don't like kids?"

"It's not that I don't, I have younger siblings and as much as I love them I just couldn't bare to be around them as much. I can tolerate them. This is more of a family community than it is for a single person." She goes on. She was right in that aspect, but still it wouldn't be such a bad idea to look. I had already set up an appointment to view an apartment. This was a one bedroom and two and a half bathroom.

"And how much would rent be?" Darien asks the woman.

"The monthly rent would be $910, that's not including the electricity." At this, Darien scoffs.

"$910 for one bedroom?" I wasn't desperately looking for an apartment, but even this was a bit of a stretch.

"Well we offer twenty-four hour maintenance, washing utility's and a twenty-four hour gym." The woman says matter of factly. "I mean you won't find any other place that offers that much for so little of an asking price." She clasps her hands in front of her and gives us her best commercial smile.

Darien turns to me. "Come on, Beau. We can find something else that isn't a rip off." I agreed with Darien. I mean, I could afford it sure, but it's the fact that it's only a one bedroom for so much money that's the problem. I'm glad I brought Darien with me, she was a good businesswoman. I would've caved in.

"Thank you, I'm sorry for wasting your time." I apologize as we leave. It was already late when we reach the car. The sun was down and we had been looking for apartments all day. Not to mention, I was hungry and my feet hurt from walking around. "Well, I guess I better keep looking." I sigh as I sit in the passengers seat.

"I'll put in a word with Clara, I promise we'll find you a perfect apartment." My phone dings in my purse and I quickly reach for it.

LUKE
We still on for tonight? Cause I'm very much looking forward to it! :)

Darien seems to look over her shoulder at my screen because she sighs. "Who's Luke?" The tone in her question was more a bored one.

"He's someone I met at work," I reply back shortly as I type in my response.

BEAU
Absolutely ;)

"So I'm guessing that thing with you and Harry is over now?" She says and I have to refrain myself from being angry even by the sound of his name. I hadn't thought about Harry for a month now, ever since he decided to go back to Nes and basically thank her for "getting her off my back".