Chapter 25👏

As soon as Gulf woke up, the two immediately continued walking and finding for the flower. Mew insisted on being with his human form but Gulf scolded him and made him shift into his wolf form. Being in human form could make Mew exhausted.

Gulf sighed. He really wanted to go back home and spend his days with Bright and Win but he can't. He needs to find the flower for Mew and Bright. He looked at Tharn who was sniffing something and ran on the right side of the forest. He got startled and followed Tharn.

"Tharn, wait! Where are you going!?" He shouted. Tharn looked back at him still running. His eyes said something that made Gulf followed him. They reached on a small lake where there are flowers and leaves floating.

"Where are we?" Gulf mumbled, fascinated about the view of the place.

"Something urged me to go here. I don't know why." Tharn said. Gulf roamed his eyes and his gazed landed on a single flower floating in the middle of the lake.

"Shit Tharn! I think I found the flower we were looking for!" He shouted excitedly. Tharn shifted and looked at where Gulf is looking.

"But how can we get that flower?" Mew asked.

"The answer is here. You can't see but can feel. Trust is the key to get what you need." A voice said echoing in the whole forest.

"What the heck was that!?" Gulf said totally scared at the voice.

"I don't know Gulfie. But I think that voice can help us. But is that voice saying about trust?" Mew said. As soon as the words escaped his lips, the ground shaked and a big pile of rocks that looked like a human with a big sword appeared. It came from under the lake. The flower that was once floating was now placed on the top of the human rock's head.

"What brings you here, humans?" The giant human rock said.

"We need to get that flower." Mew said helding Gulf's hand who was trembling because of fear.

"You can take it. But in exchange of something important to you." The giant human rock said as he pointed his finger into Gulf.

"No! You can't take Gulf away from me!" He shouted as he held him in his embrace.

"If you can't give him to me, then you can't take the flower." the giant human rock said.

"Take me. You can take me." Mew said.

"No! Mew, no." Gulf whispered as he tighten his hold onto Mew.

"Gulfie, look at me." He said as he looked at Gulf's almond eyes.

"Take care of Bright for me. Take care of Win too. Promise me to help Bright remove the curse. Live happily for me." Mew said as he cupped Gulf's cheeks. Gulf couldn't utter any words still crying.

Mew sighed and removed his hands on Gulf and took a step forward.

"Take me and give Gulf the flower." He said sternly. The giant human rock chuckled and brought his hands infront of Mew. There stayed the flower still blooming beautifully. Mew sighed and took the flower and gave it to Gulf.

Gulf hesitated, still crying. Mew took Gulf's hands forcefully and gave the flower. He then stepped forward and unexpectedly, a long vein came out of the giant human rock's hand and trapped Gulf in a tree nearby. Gulf wailed, cried like a child calling for Mew. Mew gritted his teeth and shouted, "Release him, you son of a rock!"

The giant human rock laughed and brought out his huge sword. Mew knows what is going to happen and looked at Gulf. He then shouted, "Gulfie! Look at me! I'm here, ok?" Gulf hesitantly looked at him, tears still flowing from his eyes.

"Trust me in this ok? I'm going to be ok. I'll be back at you in no time. Now close your eyes and wait for me to call you ok? Anything that you would hear or feel, ignore it. Just trust me, ok?" He said. Gulf nodded and closed his eyes silently praying for Mew to be safe. He tightly held the flower in his chest thinking of Bright, Win and Mew.

Mew on the other hand, stood still infront of the giant human rock. The giant pulled out his sword and brought it up. Mew closed his eyes waiting for the impact of the sword, he smiled thinking of Gulf's smile and laugh, Win's giggle and his brother's toothy smile. He then felt the ground shake. He slowly opened his eyes only to see the sword broke in half.

"Trust is the key. Trusting each other is the key." The voice said and slowly, the giant human rock and it's sword vanished into thin air like an ash.

Mew couldn't believe what he just saw. He suddenly remembered Gulf who was now freed from the veins. He towards him to catch him before the latter falls.

He softly called Gulf.

"Gulfie, open your eyes for me Babe." He said. Gulf heard the soothing voice and slowly opened his eyes. Their he saw his man lovingly starring at him.

"We did it, Gulfie. We got the flower. It's time to go home." He muttered. Gulf smiled softly and darkness slowly swallowed him.