Part 46: Meet my world

Neverland, Los Olivos, CA.
10/21/1987

June's point of view

Well, we just arrived at Neverland. I missed this place like crazy while we were on tour. This is my favourite place in the whole world, even if paparazzis look like they're campiing in front of the gates. I don't even know how in the world it is possible for me to be still this anonymous girl who hang out with Michael Jackson. Anyway, Michael has an interview for the NBC this afternoon, he should be gone in an hour. Michael doesn't like interviews at all, but right now, after what happened between him and his father, I don't think anything can bother him. It's like he's living on a cloud or something. I like to see him like this, you know, all happy and everything. These days he has been so nervous, he really needs to feel good again. I'm so happy for what Joseph said. Michael kept thanking me in the car because he said it was because of me Joseph opened up. If he is actually right, I didn't mean to do such a thing, but I'm glad I did, really. Michael used to envy the relationship I had with my father, and he told me how much he would like to have the same relationship with his own father. Well, maybe he will, after all. It's never too late to make things right, and Joseph understood this.

Earlier, Michael asked me if I was ready to make my appearance in magazines, and to be honest, I can't wait. I can't wait to show this entire world how much I love Michael Jackson. I'm tired of hiding, and I really want us to be as normal as we can, considering we couldn't exactly be a fully normal couple. He didn't tell me when he's planning to introduce me to the world though. Speaking of Michael, he just sat next to me on the bench in front of the main house, a large grin on his face.

"What is this face?" I asked him, smiling.

"I'm happy" he simply answered, taking my hand. "Are you?"

"More than happy" I sincerely said, resting my head in his shoulder.

"You want to come with me at the interview?" He asked, resting his head on mine.

"Want me translate what the interviewer says?" I teased him.

"Ah-ah-ah, that's not funny, girl."

"Oh, Funny Girl! This is my favourite musical. I saw it in Broadway a few years ago! Barbra Streisand is so good." I excitedly said, facing Michael who was laughing at me. "What?" I asked, punching his arm playfully.

"I love when you're excited about something. You're cute." He admitted. "I met Barbra a few years back. She's such a charming person"

"You did? You're such a lucky one, Mikey." I said in awe.

"I'm not the one who's dating Michael Jackson, you know." He joked, which made me laugh.

"Yeah, right." I admitted, before I gave him a sweet kiss on his soft lips.

"You're aware those paparazzis in front of the Ranch probably see us, right?" He whispered on my lips.

"Mmmmh, so what?" I asked, removing a curl front his eyes.

"So you're ready?" He asked, while a large smile appaeared on his face.

"I am." I whispered on his lips before giving him another kiss, but he quickly pulled back.

"You're sure? I don't want to p--" I cut him off and gave him a more passionate kiss. I gently bit his lower lip and pulled back.

"I'm positive, Michael." I said with a large smile, inches from his mouth. He smiled as well, and leant down to kiss me, but I stopped him, putting my index finger on his mouth. "I need to change for the interview now." I said, before leaving him here. I slightly laugh at the sight of him pouting his lips while watching me leave. Damn, why am I turned on, now?