Part 74: Crazy

Janet's point of view

" Richmond?" I asked, frowning. "Like in Richmond, Virginia?" I asked Jeremy, who was still trying to reach June with his cellphone.

"Yeah, duh," he said, putting his phone back in his jeans' pocket.

"Why would she be in Virginia? Does she have family there or something?"

"No, not really," he answered, scratching the back of his head. "Listen, Michael can't know she's gone, or he's going to freak out, ok?"

"You're basically asking me to lie to my brother?" I asked with an attitude.

"It's for the good cause, true me. He can't know she's missing."

"We don't even know if she's really missing. What makes you think she's in Virginia instead of being dead in her appartment, huh?"

"Her car's gone, and she spoke with Michael a few hours ago. She's fine, and I'm pretty sure she's there."

"But why? I don't get it right now, would you please tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked, becoming irritated.

"She's after Anna."

"Anna? Fudge! Who the hell is she?"

"Anna, the girl who tried to take Michael from her, her ex best friend," he said, narrowing his eyes at me. "Tell me you know about the whole story, please."

"What story?"

"Oh Lord," he said, brushing his face with both of his hands. "This is going to be long."

He sat on one of the step, and motionned me to come and sit beside him. I did as I'm told, and he began to explain me the whole story. He explained me how June was betrayed by her friends, how she really ended up at the hospital, thing that Michael didn't tell us. He then explained that since Michael left, June was pretty depressed, and the realease of those photos of her in every tabloid of the country – or even of the world – was the final straw: she was devastated. I then explained myself the fight they both had about this early this morning, and Jeremy was now as worried as I was. He cursed him out, but I couldn't blame him. What Michael did was pretty inapropriated and so not him. Even though he's my brother, I couldn't defend him on this.
"What are we going to do now?" I asked, my head in my hands.

June's point of view

When I woke up again, it was one in the afternoon. I was glad to see I slept a few hours. I checked my phone once again, and notice a few calls from Michael again, and some others from Jer. That's when I remembered I was supposed to have lunch with him and then go to the hospital in order to remove this cast of mine which I'm totally fed up with. I decided to call Jer back. He didn't do anything to me, I couldn't do that to him.

"Hey Jer, it's me, I—" I couldn't finish my sentence because a worried Jeremy cut me off.

"Where the hell are you? Do you know how worried I am right now?" he yelled through the phone, and I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was dead serious.

"I'm sorry Jer, I had to leave early this morning. It was like a last minute thing and I—"

"A last minute thing? Why didn't you text me? You know I was on call yesterday, I could have answered your call!"

"I didn't want to talk, I had an argument with Michael, and I wasn't thinking straight. I'm sorry Jer, really."

"I don't care how sorry you are! Where did you go? And all alone, in the middle of the night?"

"I'm perfectly sure you know where the hell I am."

"Please, tell me you're not in Richmond..."

"Ok. I'm not!"