Part 22: Empty promises

Michael's point of view

"No, Frank. I can't, I'm busy." I sternly answered to my manager who was on the phone. 

"What is more important than your career right now, Michael, uh? Some girl? You can't ruin it because of a girl, Michael. You know that, right?"

"I won't ruin anything. Sometimes it feels like you're my father, or that it is me who work for you. But it's not the case, Frank."

"I just want to be a good manager. What is wrong with this?"

"Everything is wrong with this. I have a life, you know? Let me breathe."

"As you want, Michael. I'll tell the ABC you're not avaible at the moment."

"Thank you."

I hung up. Sometime I ask myself why I keep Frank as my manager. Seriously, he's getting on my nerves. It's like I'm his son or something, and I hate this. Because I'm not, and I'm a grown up now. I can make my own desicions. 

"Hey, what's going on?" asked June, wrapping his arms around my waist behind me.

"Frank is getting on my nerves. He acts like I'm his son, but I'm not. He has to let me live me life." I explained.

 I turned to face her, and smiled at her. 

"Why are you looking at me this way?" she shyly asked. 

"You're so beautiful..." I admitted. 

"You look handsome yourself. You should wear suits more often, you know" she said.

"I'll keep this on my mind"

I was about to kiss her, but Anna, her best friend, arrived.

"Oh um, you didn't tell me that you had a boyfriend, June."

What? 

June's point of view

We were at my parents' home by now, and we gathered together to have a drink in the name of my father. We were a few people: me, Michael, my mom, my aunt Jena and... Anna. Crap... I forgot. What am I going to tell her? She doesn't even know it's Michael... I didn't talk to her since I told her Michael left to finish his US tour. Which means that she doesn't even know I was in Nerverland a few days ago, and that Michael and I are together now. Great. I think I need to catch up with my best friend right now. 

"Oh, hi Anna. Yeah, i'm sorry, I've been... Busy these last weeks. We need to talk" I said, stressed. 

"Ok, I'll be in your bedroom."

I turned around to face Michael while Anna was taking the stairs two by two. 

"What are you goin to tell her?" asked Michael, taking my hand.

"The truth... I guess."

"Do you trust her?"

"I do. She never said anything about you and me when we were still friends, so I think we can trust her."

"Do you need me there?"

"I need you all the time... But right now, I need to be alone with her, you know... To explain the whole situation." I admitted. 

"Ok, I'll be waiting here" he said, leaning down to reach my lips.

"My mom is watching us, you know..." I said, as his mouth was five centimeters away from mine.

"Let show her how much I lo-... I care about you, then" 

What?

What was he about to say? I-I... Oh my God. Those lips on mine, it really feels like heaven.