Part 57: Heaven Can Wait

Michael's point of view

I can't believe what I just heard from June's mom. I can't wrap my mind around it. June had an accident, and I can't move. I'm frozen, I'm frightened. The only thing I can feel is the tears running down my cheeks. I don't even know what happened, I don't know if she's fine, if she's hurt or even worse: if she's dying. I can't even think about a world where she doesn't belong anymore. I've never been so scared in my entire life, my entire body is shocked, and even when Quincy came to check on me after a few minutes, I couldn't even speak to him. I stayed here, blanky looking at him. 

"Michael, man, what happened? Why are you crying?", Quincy asked, waving his hands in front of my face. He placed his hands on my shoulders, and tried to make me speak, but I couldn't. "Michael? You're scarying me now! Is it about June?", he softly but worriedly asked me. 

When I heard June's name, it had been like an electroshock for me. I needed to see her, I needed to know if she was ok, but my fear to lose her forever just paralyzed me. I shook my head and wiped my tears away with the back of my hand. She's fine, Mike. 

"J-June had an accident." I stummered, looking Quincy in the eyes. He jaw almost dropped the floor, and he gave me a comforting hug to show his support. 

"I'll take you there with my car, so you don't catch too much attention", he declared, taking his car keys out of his pocket. "Let's go, Mike", he told me, heading to the door. I didn't have the strength to refuse his help, I was too focused on June.

Please, don't let anything bad happen to her.

Michelle Wellington's point of view

I'm sitting next to my unconscious daughter, holding her hand tightly, praying for her to wake up. The policemens who were on site where the crash took place said that she was already unconscious when they got there. Her heart rate was really high, that's all we know for now. The doctors said she was in a semi-coma, so she should be awaken soon. If she does wake up. She has a few scratches on her face and she has a broken wrist, but she still look beautiful. My sweet little baby... 
We're waiting for June's tests results to arrive, and the wait is killing me. I won't be able to handle if something is wrong with my daughter's health. She can't leave me alone, I need her. Losing Antoine was hard enough, I can't lose her too, she's my flesh and blood, my pride, my life. 

"Please wake up, sweetheart" I sobbed, caressing her hair. "I need you, don't leave me alone. Please fight for you life, baby."

Deep down, I hope she can hear me. She needs to fight, even though she hasn't the brightest life, she need to carry on. There are people who care about her in this world, she's not done here. She's not done with  her life, she's not done with Michael. They have a life to live together, they have a family to build. I'd love to be a grandmother. That's my dream, being able to see my grandbabies grow up. That's all I'm asking for before leaving this world. 

"Michelle?" I heard a soflt familiar voice calling behind me which snapped me from my thoughts. When I turned around, Michael was standing at the door with a man I don't know. 

"Oh Lord, Michael!", I sighed. I stood up from my chair and went to hug him.