the serpent | 23

BLAISE

BLAISE

I wake up to the slight sunlight peeking from my curtains and a dry mouth. I reach over for a glass of water, but come up with nothing.

I open my eyes as I adjust to the lighting of the room and peel the sheets off of me. Looking down, I notice that I am still in the clothes I had on last night. I groan as I remember falling asleep in the car, driving back home.

With a final glance down at myself, I move to get off the bed before heading into the restroom to take a quick shower.

I let the warm water ripple down on me as I remember downing more wine than seemed appropriate for a woman at the event last night, but everything had its way to trigger something within me and the party last night was no different.

I turned off the shower and wrapped myself in a towel before heading into the closet to grab something to wear. Quickly dressing myself in a short baby blue silk dress, I let my wet hair down to dry and went to head out of the bedroom.

The smell of sweet syrup lingered downstairs and I headed to the kitchen that was dimly lit by the sunlight.

I slowly creeped my way into the kitchen and immediately my gaze met Ocatvio's back as he flipped the last of the pancakes to a plate. I remained quiet for some time, just waiting for him to notice me while he poured the strawberries and blueberries on the side of each pancake.

"Come eat Blaise." I flinched as he talked all the sudden, but started to make my way into the kitchen regardless. He placed both of our plates on the kitchen counter and grabbed the glasses of orange juice before grabbing a seat besides me.

I hesitantly sat beside him before grabbing my fork and breaking into the syruped cake.

"Thanks for making breakfast." I said as he only nodded and continued to eat from his own plate. My head continued to pound painfully, regardless of the shower I had taken and my eyes wandered to him.

He finished before me and grabbed his dirty plate before placing it in the sink. He then walked to the top corner cabinet where all of the medicines were kept along with the first aid kit. Propping the cabinet open, he grabbed two pills and poured a glass of water from the fridge before coming over to where I was sitting.

He eyed the pancakes I had barely touched and I instantly felt bad so I stuffed more into my mouth while he continued to watch me.

"Here, eat this." Octavio gestured to the glass in his hand and the pills in the other. I slowly put my fork down on the plate before grabbing the medicine and the glass of water.

Quietly downing the two pills, I placed the empty glass of water next to the full glass of orange juice before grabbing my fork again and resuming eating.

He walked a few steps away from me before heading out of the kitchen, leaving me alone. I sighed in disappointment and finished the last of the food plated on my plate and grabbed the glass of orange juice.

Before I could finish the glass of orange juice, he walked back in, but with a book in his hand this time. I continued to sip out of the glass as he sat back down beside me. Pulling his glasses on, he opened his book and relaxed.

I finished the glass of orange juice and placed it next to the empty water cup before glancing back at him. He seemed to be deep into the book, so I decided on picking the empty dishes in front of me into the sink. I turned on the water faucet and began to clean the dirty dishes.

Cleaning off the last of the dishes, I wipe my hands off and turn the faucet off before bringing my gaze back to his. His eyes still refused to move away from the pages in front of him, so I decided on moving into the living room sofa to make sure not to disturb him.

I quietly walk away from the kitchen down the hall into the living room where I pick up the book beside the side table along with the throw blanket.

Getting comfortable on the sofa, I prop open the book and start reading. A few moments pass with me quietly flipping through the pages of the book before I hear footsteps coming from down the hall.

I instantly glance up from my book towards the hall and see him walk in with his book in one of his hands.

"Can I sit here with you?" He asks while eyeing the spot next to me on the sofa. I shake my head and move my feet off the couch onto the floor beneath me.

He sits down beside me and opens his book back up. I go to do the same, but look down when two hands wrap around my feet on the floor. He picks my legs back up onto the couch and onto his lap before picking up his book back up.

I smile softly before going back to my book. The silence in the living room soothes both of us as we slip into our own fantasies of choice.

. . .
(Unedited chapter)
I'm back! This weekend was so hectic to say the least. I had church services along with a mass load of finals. I finally finished both of those things, but walking barefoot around the church really screws you badly. I am thankful to get back to updating though, and I have updated 5 new chapters of Mr. and Mrs. Rossi which is the journey of Rafael and Ravenna from His Therapist after they had lost their older daughter. You can check those chapters out on Radish under my name JazmineIrisGrace. I also came back and updated this story last minute, but hopefully you guys enjoy. Thank you for supporting me, love you all!

author instagram | erotica_iris_grace
twitter | eroticairis
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace
radish | JazmineIrisGrace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!