the serpent | 37

BLAISE

BLAISE

The click of the front door echoed in the empty halls as I sat behind the couches with tears spilling down my cheeks. My hand covered my gasps of pain as I waited for him to leave. Leave me behind when all I wanted was for him to pick me up and tell me all those pretty lies all over again.

Unfortunately, I knew that I would have let him break my heart all over in a heartbeat if it meant that I got to be with him. But he didn't deserve me. He didn't deserve to kiss me to sleep. He didn't deserve to chase my villains away only to become one of the biggest ones himself.

I hesitantly got up from my spot behind the couch when all I could hear were the echoes of the wind crying outside. I needed to get out of here.

I made my way to my dad's office upstairs where his will was still laying untouched. The pendant clicked in and the locker was spilled open. I grabbed the documents laying inside before heading outside towards my bedroom. My eyes welled as I read his handwriting in pen at the end of the will... "I always loved you Blaise."

"I love you too dad." I whispered back, hoping I could have touched his heart with these words when he was alive.

I didn't need to read the will to know what was in it and before I could change my mind about leaving, I went inside my closet to grab my suitcase. Laying it open on my bed, I quickly grabbed some of my clothes from the closet along with my passport and ID. The remaining cash in my drawers and my wallet was quickly dropped inside before I grabbed my phone from the dresser.

I didn't need anything from this world anymore, not even its pity. I know I was being impulsive and irrational but at this point of my story, who cared about a girl who just wanted to find herself.

I zipped the suitcase closed before placing a picture of my parents with me and glanced around my bedroom for the last time before rolling the suitcase onto the marble floor behind me. I left behind the sheets where he rested with me, unmade and that was how our love story ended.

Blowing out all the candles on my way, I shut the lights and locked the door to the house before getting behind the cab. Leaving him behind in the scent of the air and my heart on the threshold, bleeding red for him.

"Where to miss?" The driver asked.

"The Ash Wind Graveyard."

. . .
(Unedited chapter)
Don't hate me! I have Octavio's POV coming up in the next chapter and after that you can decide whether you want to kill me still or not. I know it was a short chapter but I didn't want to write his POV in here so yep!

author instagram | j_iris_grace
twitter | jirisgrace
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace
radish | JazmineIrisGrace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!