the serpent | 36

BLAISE

BLAISE

"Okay." That was the only word that slipped through my mouth as I got up from the floor just outside of my bedroom with the stickiness of my arousal still trickling down my thighs from his fingers thrusting into me.

I passed him into my room and straight to the bathroom. His shirt soon was discarded on the marble tile and I threw myself under the warm water spray in hopes of cleaning him off of me. I didn't want to wear him. He didn't deserve to be worn by me. I was no longer his to mark because he had stripped me off everything that once belonged to me and now all belonged to him.

I could hear the unmistakable ringing of his phone and I knew he was watching me as the bedroom door clicked close. And just as he left the room, tears trickled down my cheeks and I swallowed the screams of pain by wrapping my hand over my mouth. This was a heartbreak wrapped in the most beautiful wrapping and I had been tempted to open it.

I glanced at the vase of flowers and the flash drive that was hidden out of view. Turning the shower off, I toweled myself dry not worrying about the still bruised skin of mine. I threw the nearest shirt and pair of shorts on before grabbing the flashdrive from the vase of flowers.

I quickly walked out of the room and towards my father's office. I knew what I needed to do as I grabbed one of the extra flash drives my father kept safe in his office. I swallowed back my tears and next walked straight downstairs to the living room where the laptop was still left untouched in the corner table.

I grabbed the device and ran back upstairs hoping he didn't hear me. Running back inside my bedroom, I locked the door and found a seat on the edge of my bed in a rush. The two flash drives were plugged in with shaking hands and my heart pounded in my chest.

I waited for the flashdrive to load once again and as the pictures glittered the screen one at a time my eyes widened. Blood, weapons, documents and my father. I traced the screen with shaking hands as I clicked one of the pictures, it was a check made under my dad's name along with what seemed like a receipt of some sort.

When I clicked over to the next video, it was an audio recording. I immediately lowered the volume on the computer before clicking play and everything clicked in. My dad worked for people he was never to be getting his hands dirty and this was the evidence against them. He was planning on handing them over to the authorities. The last picture was his resignation that was dated the day of his death. They had found out before he could throw them behind bars.

"Smuggle the weapons through the border and that would be your last job."

"I can't."

"I guess your daughter will then."

He did love me. My dad did love me in his own twisted way. But he managed to fuck everything good that has happened to him in his life from his wife to now his very own destiny. He got his hands dirty by not only using his name for them but working for them and this is why his grave got dug early. He was working to transport illegal weapons across the border and country.

The knock on the bedroom door broke me from the screen as I wiped the tears on my cheeks. I clicked the folder close before copying it to the extra flash drive, making sure my dad's name was erased leaving only images that didn't connect back to him.

"Blaise." I shut the computer close, before shoving it in the nearest drawer along with the original flash drive. This one was for dad.

I took a deep breath before walking over to the bedroom door, unlocking it I stepped to the side for him to step in. His eyes didn't leave mine as he closed the door behind him.

"I don't need your services anymore." I said before stepping back from him but he refused to step away as he came closer. His lips turned into a frown and I knew he didn't like that idea of mine at all.

"Yes you do." He argued and I stepped back further from him.

"You chose, remember." I remind him but he just steps closer.

"You're still in danger, what about that don't you get?"

"I don't care." I replied.

"You can get killed Blaise?" He spit out aggressively.

"I don't care."

"Once you get what you were promised, you are leaving me alone forever. You don't get to see me anymore. I need you gone." He shakes his head and before he could argue, I pull the flash drive out and his eyes drop to it.

"Take it and leave me Octavio."

He almost looks conflicted as I walk up to him and unclench his fist to place the flashdrive in it.

"Someone else will replace my position but you cannot remain unguarded Blaise. I am not risking you." I close his fist before stepping back from him again.

"You are released from your duty here Octavio, I hope to never see you again. Not in this life." I say with a cruel smile before walking around him.

Before I could walk out of my room his words came slipping off of his tongue that I would have trusted with my deepest secrets but he was only loyal to himself.

"I don't hate you." He said as if saying it to himself.

"I hate you though." I answered back before leaving Octavio behind and I knew this was the last time I was going to see him because I already was planning to leave this life behind where a girl fell in love with the guy who can't love.

. . .
(Unedited chapter)
Okay, you guys this book is coming to an end soon so stay tuned for that. I will be working on completing Ninth Floor after this for those wondering. His Sin is on hold at the moment but please stay tuned for project updates on my page and specially my instagram!

author instagram | j_iris_grace
twitter | jirisgrace
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace
radish | JazmineIrisGrace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!