the serpent | 39

(Listen to that music while reading this or I swear I'll be mad, just kidding but you would miss out on the full experience)

BLAISE
6 months after...

A smile comes to my face as my favorite part of the song plays throughout the living room and streams into the kitchen. The smell of my apple pie fills the room as I quickly pull the hot tea from the kettle on the stove. The flowy green dress I have on carries the scent of my perfume, roses and sandalwood. I am happy.

I feel a kick in my belly and I instantly smile brighter and stroke my swollen bump before pouring the piping hot tea from the kettle into a mug. I blow the steam from the mug before taking a sip and sighing in satisfaction.

Now you may be confused or lost of words or maybe both, but yes I am Blaise Innocencio, the same girl who had gotten her heart broken into pieces just a few months ago. Yes, I am carrying a piece of him inside of me and yes maybe knowing I am carrying a part of him with me is the only reason I haven't ran back into his arms.

He writes me letters, beautiful majestic letters. The ones that get delivered to my old house and then an old friend of mine delivers them to me. He tells me all about his days and after each letter he tells me those three words that I begged him to tell me. Octavio Amor tells me that he loves me. But, I have never written back to him. Not even a love you back because for the first time in forever, I am happy. And gosh I know it sounds pathetic and selfish but I am scared he would steal that away from me again.

I'm scared that he would take me in his arms and then tell me not to worry about the world when sadly it would be him that I would have to worry about the most.

I've picked up the phone many times over these few months just to hear his voice because like a drug addict, I wanted a hit of him. But, it's gotten easier now. It was hard when I left and it was even harder when I learned I was carrying his kid. I was carrying our baby and yet I knew if I went back now I would never be able to be the mother I needed to be to this baby.

So, yes call me selfish or call me greedy but I choose myself over him. He gave up on me. He had given up on us but I couldn't have given up on myself.

The time I spent away from him taught me a lot. I learned that I hate the color green but his eyes were the only exception. I learned that I also wanted my baby to have his eyes so I could at least see one pair of those pretty green eyes with love. I learned that I hated my brown hair and quickly dyed it to a dark burgundy color that makes my eyes pop even more. I learned that Octavio Amor was the love of my life.

The beep of the oven pulls me from my thoughts as I stop gazing at the ocean waves crashing on the sand. The crisp apples spread their aroma throughout my apartment as I pull the pie out of the oven and place it on the cooling tray.

Before I could pick up my mug of tea from the counter once again, the doorbell echoed throughout my tiny house. I put down the mug and walk over to the door and prompt it open before seeing a letter at my doorstep.

I scrunch my face in confusion before bending down carefully and picking it up. The pretty pink envelope makes me smile but my lips drop from their smile as I see the handwriting printed on top of the envelope. I could recognize the thick cursive of his anywhere. I quickly close the door and hold the letter to my racing heart. Another kick to my lower belly makes me breathe for the both of us and I hesitantly flip over the letter and open it.

Dear Blaise,

I met this girl. Actually I met her seven months ago but back then she was the most lost little pretty thing I had seen. The little pretty thing that only was sure about one thing, her love for a man that didn't even know what love was in the first place. A man who couldn't love. And honestly I don't know if I can still love but one thing I know for sure after these seven months is that if a man had a woman like you, he wouldn't be able to help but fall in love. The girl that I fell in love with is this woman who has learned to love herself and gosh I know that if I don't have her in my life I would die. She's still the most beautiful woman I have seen yet she's even more beautiful now that she has found herself without me. I love you woman. I love you Blaise Innocencio with every single bit of me and I would say it till the day I die because I know I didn't say it when it was supposed to mean the most.

Yours forever,
Octavio

Tears drip down my cheeks before mixing with the dark black ink on the paper, smearing his thick cursive in a violent way.

"I love you too." I whisper back just like the millionth time I had done before to each of his letters. The doorbell rings once again and I pull back from it almost too fast. My shaky hands twist open the lock before opening the door and my heart stops beating as I see those green eyes that I know I would lose myself into over and over again.

"Blaise." He whispers my name like a dying man would chant his last wish.

"Octavio." I whisper back and this may have been the end of this chapter but our story had just begun.

. . .
Yes, this is the last chapter of this book and yes you probably hate me for the cliffhanger ending but honestly sometimes as a writer there is closure is heartbreak. But before you go batshit crazy on me and try to kill me, these is going to be second book about to Octavio and Blaise where they will get a happily ever after as a couple. But, this book was one of those that I wanted to as an author focus on pain and self love and the importance of it! Yes of course there is the smut but that's besides the point, I wanted to showcase that a toxic relationship sometimes is just because of the wrong time and the right person. I loved this book as an author and of course I know I could have done it better but I'm growing with my words and that's all that matters.

Now, I would love to thank each and every one of you guys that have made it to the end. I hope you fell in love with Blaise and Octavio just as much if not more than me. I love each and every one of you, even my silent readers. Blaise is a lot like me so in a way I grieved a lot with her but I hope some of you guys found an escape in my writing as well. There second book would be short and a guaranteed happy ending. But as of now I'm focusing on Ninth Floor. I'm leaving a piece of me with this book and gosh I'm emotional. I'll just go cry myself to sleep now.

author instagram | j_iris_grace
twitter | jirisgrace
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace
radish | JazmineIrisGrace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!