the serpent | 05

His hands fell from her waist as he pulled away from her completely

His hands fell from her waist as he pulled away from her completely. Blaise hesitantly moved forward towards the now turned off stove where the almost overflown soup sat in the pot. As much as she was tempted to turn around and confront those vicious green eyes, she knew that it will only end up with her cheeks painted in a light shade of red.

She carefully reached out for the cabinet next to the vent to grab two bowls to pour the soup into. When Blaise did turned around, she almost dropped the glassware as she saw Octavio sitting right in front of her at the kitchen island. Quickly turning back she grabbed the soup off the stove before pouring some in both bowls all while pouring the larger serving for him.

Carefully, she brought both of the soup bowls around the kitchen island to where he had claimed his seat. Without anything to say, she placed the bowl in front of him along with hers in front of her chair. Pulling out her chair, she took a seat next to his with precaution.

"Blaise I don't bite." Octavio muttered to her as Blaise reached out for the utensils to use for the soup.

"Unless you want me too." She immediately looked up at him to see any hint of humor, but happened to stumble upon none. He was serious.

"It was Diwa on the phone. She wanted to let you know that tomorrow you're having dinner with her as she has something important to tell you regarding your father." Blaise's curiosity instantly peaked when she heard the mention of her father.

"Did she tell you what it was about my father she needed to tell me?" Octavio shook his head 'no' before returning back to the food so kindly served in front of him.

"I have a question for you." Blaise informed yet waited for his approval to continue with her questioning. He hummed in response with his eyes still firmly planted on the soup in front of him.

"Why did you leave the army? I mean you were protecting more than one person out there." She didn't know why, but he peaked her level of curiosity because he was just that kind of person. He was so reserved and closed off. He was like those mystery books that you had to read every single page of, but were still not guaranteed of all of your answers being answered.

"I feel like it's better to focus on one thing at a time and this time it just happened to be you. The more you try to hold onto, the more will fall right out of your hands." His answers always consisted of a bland response along with a lot of reference. Even if someone wanted to argue that he didn't answer their question, they wouldn't be able to because he did. He just made sure not to give more information than he was in the need to give away.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked. Blaise smiled and nodded her head. She didn't even realize that she had diverted her full attention towards him upon his one call.